Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hung Wu's

Friend of SETI.USA

Hung Wu's

Guy'z are getting a lot of hung Wu's, I'd check your Box's & see if their okay or not, I set the Project to NNT for now ...

Gold Member

Re: Hung Wu's

If you're referring to me, I have a couple flaky 4870's. I think it's a hardware problem, not a software problem. I got the second one going yesterday, but that didn't last long.

Now I can barely get to the desktop without it locking up.
    6r39 7r199

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    If you're referring to me, I have a couple flaky 4870's. I think it's a hardware problem, not a software problem. I got the second one going yesterday, but that didn't last long.

Now I can barely get to the desktop without it locking up.
    No I was just referring to everybody in general getting Wu's from that Project that were just Hung or not progressing, had some myself, they seemed to have fixed the problem for now anyway. Their continually coming out with newer app's so more problems could pop up at any time ...

Gold Member

They ever get the stats exported, I might have my first 1M day (not including the FreeDC snafu).
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

Hey what's the URL for this project? I googled it but got a bunch of sites that want me to donate a home.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fogle View Post
    Hey what's the URL for this project? I googled it but got a bunch of sites that want me to donate a home.
    http://donateathome.org/

Past Admin

I've gotten a few of those myself. I've not had one today. I still can't get my box with the 5970 and the 5870 to dl a working wu. I only get wu's that get hung up. What I've found is that the gpu's downclock, and never progress. I've tried everything.

Gold Member

I still get occasional hung ones, and it seems they always hang at like midnight and then when I check in the morning, 7 hours later it's wasted my gpu for 7 hours, which sorta sucks. It's not all of them, but definitely more than zero.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by artemis8 View Post
    I still get occasional hung ones, and it seems they always hang at like midnight and then when I check in the morning, 7 hours later it's wasted my gpu for 7 hours, which sorta sucks. It's not all of them, but definitely more than zero.
    Use BOINCtasks as your manager, rather than the default BOINCmanager. It can be set to deal with those tasks. See here.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Use BOINCtasks as your manager, rather than the default BOINCmanager. It can be set to deal with those tasks. See here.
    +10000000000

This has probably saved me a couple hundred hours of crunching. And I've only been using it for a month or so. Seriously.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast