Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hung Wu's

Past Admin

Re: Hung Wu's

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    +10000000000

This has probably saved me a couple hundred hours of crunching. And I've only been using it for a month or so. Seriously.
    I'm going to have to give this a try. After Willy's antics, ass kissing of DA and the censorship during the challenges, I'm looking to get rid of Bam and use something else.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    I'm going to have to give this a try. After Willy's antics, ass kissing of DA and the censorship during the challenges, I'm looking to get rid of Bam and use something else.
    Question: I must have missed something..... What censorship? Which challenge?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Nice Mike that is the way to go. Freedoom is more important to me than points or crunching. I was using other than BS but mainly FreeDC and had opened a thread of FreeDC millestones on my TeaM.

So I was very sad with Bok problems, I hope you can solve that as fast as you can because if I have to choose between BS and BS I will be out of Boinc in a flash. Dictactorship is not for me. There is no value above freedoom for me.

Ricardo

Past Administrator

OK, I gave BOICTasks another shot and I must say it works much better than BOINCView. So like now I have a question. Is there a way to control Resource sharing from within BOINCTasks? That is the only reason I still use BAM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    OK, I gave BOICTasks another shot and I must say it works much better than BOINCView. So like now I have a question. Is there a way to control Resource sharing from within BOINCTasks? That is the only reason I still use BAM.
    Hah! That's funny. Resource share is the one thing I *don't* use BAM for. Some of the older BOINC server SW would reset the other settings (like GPU/CPU), when changing the RS. And so often, I am also using alternate locations for specific machines, which you can't do at BAM any way. So for resource share changes, I do it directly at the project.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Hah! That's funny. Resource share is the one thing I *don't* use BAM for. Some of the older BOINC server SW would reset the other settings (like GPU/CPU), when changing the RS. And so often, I am also using alternate locations for specific machines, which you can't do at BAM any way. So for resource share changes, I do it directly at the project.
    Yeah but isn't that like a total pain in the..........?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

And I have an entirely different take - I've never gotten the resource share to work the way I want it with any program, so I just forget about it and only crunch one thing at a time. Maybe two.

Diamond Member

Going to a site to change a number, is no more difficult than going to the BAM page to change it. it is still just going one place and doing one thing. *shrug*

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    And I have an entirely different take - I've never gotten the resource share to work the way I want it with any program, so I just forget about it and only crunch one thing at a time. Maybe two.
    So many of the projects I crunch just don't have steady work. So that approach doesn't really work for me.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    So many of the projects I crunch just don't have steady work. So that approach doesn't really work for me.
    Yeah, we have slightly different MM goals. I just leave most of my sub 100k projects open. And very few of them have work at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast