Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donate@Home: Stats now exported

Past Admin

Re: Donate@Home: Stats now exported

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I couldn't get my 5870 & 7970 to run together either, The BOINC Client seen both Cards but said "Not in use" for the 5870 Card, finally put both 7970's in 1 Box & the 5870 in another like I had them earlier & will run them that way ...
    Glad it's not me. But still sucks.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    How long does a task usually take? It doesn't show any progress on the status column. I think I aborted the first one after it ran for 1.5 hours without showing any progress.

It also shows GPU usage at 0%. Suspending for now.
    I see progression in the first 30 Seconds with my 7970's & within the first minute with my 5870, if I happen to be watching and don't see no progression on either box within 30-45 seconds the Wu's aren't going to run & something is wrong ...

My 7970's run them in about 13.5 Min's and may dip below 13 Min's on a few of them. The 5870 in about 16.5 Min's, not much OC on that Card cause is old now & won't take much of an OC but runs great at about stock speed yet. Actually sold that Card & shipped it out but the guy said it wouldn't run for him, I refunded his money after he shipped it back & slapped it in a Box & it's been running for me since then. Actually was running it when I sold it to the Guy, don't know what his problem was ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 02-15-12 at 10:39 AM.

Past Administrator

Some things that I have noticed with my GTX 460 is that Afterburner shows ZERO GPU usage but the tasks are completing and being validated and the app is using 0.94 CPUs to do the work. Me thinks the CPU is doing the actual work and just using the GPU as a portal or gateway to the CPU.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

FYI, you can set BOINCTasks to automatically suspend a task, from a particular project, if it runs more than X minutes. So if the tasks for donate normally run 15 minutes, you could set to automatically suspend any task that runs more than (say) 20 minutes.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    FYI, you can set BOINCTasks to automatically suspend a task, from a particular project, if it runs more than X minutes. So if the tasks for donate normally run 15 minutes, you could set to automatically suspend any task that runs more than (say) 20 minutes.
    This is exactly the setup I have when I'm running Donate. And Moo, for that matter... +11!

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    But with only 2 Wu's Per GPU Core from the donate Project the Project won't Download any more work as long as the Wu is Suspended or am I wrong about that ??? I know I can't get any more work from any Project as long as Wu's from that Project are Suspended ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 02-15-12 at 04:16 PM.

Diamond Member

But with only 2 Wu's Per GPU Core from the donate Project the Project won't Download any more work as long as the Wu is Suspended or am I wrong about that ??? I know I can't get any more work from any Project as long as Wu's from that Project are Suspended ...
    I believe you are correct. But as long as you also have a backup project set up, at least you won't be losing/wasting crunching time.

Friend of SETI.USA

Right, how do I go about setting that up, don't really see anything in BOINCTasks to do that ???

Diamond Member

Right, how do I go about setting that up, don't really see anything in BOINCTasks to do that ???
    Set up the auto suspend thing?

Extra -> Settings -> Rules -> Add

Friend of SETI.USA

What should the Value & Operator say ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast