Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: donate@home: DA is blackballing the project

{KWSN}Gemjunkie[TeaM]

Re: donate@home: DA is blackballing the project

Then DNETC, Moo! and Pirates should be excluded too. Totally meaningless results.

Friend of SETI.USA

I know I posted in this Thread early this morning but the Post is gone now, am I being Modded ... No sense in Posting anymore if that's the case ...

Administrator

Willie has made the decision to NOT show Donate stats.

http://boincstats.com/forum/forum_th...id=7113#109260

Advisor - Stateside Division

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I know I posted in this Thread early this morning but the Post is gone now, am I being Modded ... No sense in Posting anymore if that's the case ...
    It may be that the post did not make it through. I'm being DOS'd right now.

Taking steps to try to stop it whilst keeping the forums up.

Nobody is being modded at all.

Bok

{KWSN}Gemjunkie[TeaM]

Are you absolutely sure you didn't just hit 'preview'? I've done that more than once going back and forth between forums, some have 'submit' on the right side, some on the left. If I'm in a hurry and don't look closely.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    It may be that the post did not make it through. I'm being DOS'd right now.

Taking steps to try to stop it whilst keeping the forums up.

Nobody is being modded at all.

Bok
    So this is how the BOINC "Purists" respond to those who like to keep an open mind? How is this mindset any different from that of say President Bashar al-Assad?

Anyhow, BOK I am really sorry "they" are treating you in such a shameful manner. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Didn't a drive go bad last night? Maybe that's why? or did you mean the boinc_stats mailing list thread?

Past Administrator

Nope. As far as I know you weren't.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Advisor - Stateside Division

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    So this is how the BOINC "Purists" respond to those who like to keep an open mind? How is this mindset any different from that of say President Bashar al-Assad?

Anyhow, BOK I am really sorry "they" are treating you in such a shameful manner. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

F$
    I don't think it's related, at least I'd hope not. Nobody has really said anything. I voiced my opinion on the mailing list and that's where I stand. I believe in the stats sites being independent and users having the choice.

I believe other sites can choose their own ways too. Personally it's always been my stance that if a project publishes stats we can use them too. I don't wait for 'permission' at all. If they don't want them published protect them

Bok

Diamond Member

Willy was just about to cave, and add the project to his stats. He wrote a message about how it is inevitable, since he has to compete with other stat sites who will carry it. Then DA came back and asked him not to, and then asked all the other stats stats to remove it. I think Willy is right on this point. As long as there is at least one stats site that does carry it, the rest will eventually have to do the right thing and carry it too.

I really hate the attitude behind DA's (and Willy's) thinking: I know better than the dumb masses, and therefore I have an obligation make decisions for them. After all, it's for their own good, right? Lord knows they are too stupid to make their own decisions!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast