Thread: Cosmology: Project news

Diamond Member

Cosmology: Project news

Not sure RSS is working here...

http://www.cosmologyathome.org/forum_thread.php?id=895

Dear valued C@H Members,

The server problems that we have been encountering recently have clearly revealed the degree to which we are in need for a capable system administrator here at C@H. As Professor Wandelt has mentioned in a different post, Scott Kruger has accepted a different position, and he is no longer the system administrator for C@H. Finding someone as competent as Scott has not been easy, and besides his other responsibilities, Professor Wandelt has been dealing with the technical problems of the website himself with occasional technical support from the computing personal here at the University.

To overcome this problem, we have shifted looking for a system administrator to the TOP of our priorities here at C@H. We will PROACTIVELY search for a qualified individual who will be responsible for the daily running of the website. We will WIDELY publicise the position here at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and do every thing we could to recruit someone AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We will look wider than we have looked so far, using whatever resources we could get our hands on.

As you might have already read in this post, I was recruited by Professor Wandelt "to connect with our users and participants, to bring new content to the website that is useful for the user community and generally to create a much tighter connection between the citizen scientists and the scientist citizens of Cosmology@Home". I hope that the work I have contributed here has contributed to fulfilling this goal in some way. I am certainly open for suggestions and feedback. Please do not hesitate to communicate with me if you have any ideas, questions, or concerns.

We understand your frustration, and we sincerely appreciate your patience. I look forward to coming back with exciting news for all of us soon.

Sincerely,

Faik
    http://www.cosmologyathome.org/forum_thread.php?id=897

Hello C@Homers,

The Cosmology@Home team is currently upgrading the filesystem for C@H. Hopefully this will help us overcome the problems we have been encountering. We will keep you updated about our progress (I am not personally participating in this technical process, but it is being done by qualified individuals).

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Faik
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Re: Cosmology: Project news

OK, its been added. Thx for letting us know.

F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6