Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donate@Home: New application for Linux AMD 6.12

Diamond Member

Donate@Home: New application for Linux AMD 6.12

This new app version aims at resolving some of the problem of the 6.06 old app.* increased length to align the credit rate to gpugrid acemd2 app instead of acemdlong.* checkpointing* prompt termination if stall detectedReports problems here, if all works a windows version should follow.thanks.

More...

Administrator

Re: Donate@Home: New application for Linux AMD 6.12

I looked at the wu times on the top Linux box running the new app and it is taking 1.88 times the old wu time and pays the same 6250 credits. If that holds true then you can get higher credits on Moo w/ a 5XXX card. Using the times of my 5870 (904s) and extrapolating to the new 1.88x it would take 1700s which gives 317k per day. That card on Moo gets 345k per day.

Crunch em with the old app while you can!!!!!

Past Admin

I'll be moving back to Moo if this is the payout. Donate makes my cards run hotter than any other project. Not worth it if they don't pay more.

Administrator

Well I hope you didn't move yet!! They released the new Windows app and it was completing wu in 34s and paying 6250 .... I had quite a bump in my credits It managed to hang 1 machine (1300 miles away) but another stayed with it till they shut it down 30 minutes ago.

I started the project back up at 11:30 last night with 5M credits and woke up to 7.7M credits 8 hours later. Not bad for a single 5870

According to GDF they ARE planning on going to the reduced credits so it appears it will be paying LESS than Moo. I think they are doomed if they do that!

EDIT: IT IS STILL RUNNING AND PAYING BIG CREDITS
    Last edited by Bryan; 02-21-12 at 10:02 AM.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Well I hope you didn't move yet!! They released the new Windows app and it was completing wu in 34s and paying 6250 .... I had quite a bump in my credits It managed to hang 1 machine (1300 miles away) but another stayed with it till they shut it down 30 minutes ago.

I started the project back up at 11:30 last night with 5M credits and woke up to 7.7M credits 8 hours later. Not bad for a single 5870

According to GDF they ARE planning on going to the reduced credits so it appears it will be paying LESS than Moo. I think they are doomed if they do that!

EDIT: IT IS STILL RUNNING AND PAYING BIG CREDITS
    Two things that concern me. My desktop has intermittent network connection problems while this project is running and my firewall keeps complaining that the executable is a threat and wants to quarantine it. AVG also complained once.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator

Still paying big! It is difficult running remotely since I can't babysit the rigs. One machine is totally hung so I'll have to have a neighbor go over and reset it ... durn!

I expect they are going to back out the high credits but just in case they don't I will keep the single 5870 on it for now!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Two things that concern me. My desktop has intermittent network connection problems while this project is running and my firewall keeps complaining that the executable is a threat and wants to quarantine it. AVG also complained once.
    Bitcoin calculations are very time sensitive so the their app connects to the internet to get and return the latest bitcoin data. That's also why the workunits are so small. They can't send hours of work or hundreds of WUs since, just like at MW, the results returned affect the next WUs to be generated.

I've had several WUs hang and require killing the process. It wasted hours last night with the close/debug/cancel window keeping it from crunching. But, the credit is way better on my 6970 that at Moo and even with the outage, I earned more at Donate than at Moo. But, if Donate lowers their credit, I'll leave as it won't be worth the hassle.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Admin

I'm not getting any work now.

Past Administrator

@Slicker: OK, that makes sense.

@Bryan: It would seem strange for them to march to DA's drum since he is so dead set against them even existing.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    I'm not getting any work now.
    300 WUs (max) in progress and each user gets up to 2. That means the project can support 150 users. They have over 220 users with credit at present, so 70 of them can't get work at any given time. That's why I released the new BOINC Project Updater which can now update using seconds as well as minutes which gives you a better chance of getting a WU before someone else grabs it.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast