Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Donate@Home: New application for Linux AMD 6.12

Past Admin

Re: Donate@Home: New application for Linux AMD 6.12

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Then again, if they keep paying us to do the mining for them and trade us useless credits for bitcoins.....
    The truth, it hurts sometimes.

Diamond Member

I must say to you: Keep feeding your machines.

There several ways of feeding your machines, some are better than others, don`t you think Ray Ferrier?

Do you want some points for bitcoins human.

Better for you. So I will let you live longer

Very Crazy Duke

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Still, a 6970 can get over 500K per day when the WUs don't crash causing a pop-up window which halts all GPU processing until you clear it. So, just to get as many credits as possible while the going is good, I swapped out a 5450 with a 6850 since it is rated very high on the bitcoin/$$$ charts. After upgrading the AMD drivers, I found out the 5450 will work as well. I've even got the old 4830 on it. Hoping to see 1M per day if I babysit the boxes and close the pop-ups when the WUs crash.
    I'm not sure your crash is the same as mine, but here's something to try. The dialog I've been getting is the standard "Windows Error Reporting" dialog. "Application has crashed, want to tell Microsoft? Look for solution, or close the program?" It looks like it's as easy as setting your system to never worry about reporting errors. On Windows 7, Go into the Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services and simply set the "Windows Error Reporting Service" to "Disabled" After all, who ever tells Microsoft about any of the errors this stupid thing catches anyways? (It's never found a "solution" for any I ever did report, so why even bother?) I did that this morning, on my system that has the 5770 with Catalyst 12.1 on it and (knock on wood) no problems since. It's even run all day *without* reporting a task as "Error" Completion status, whereas it used to kack at least once every few hours.

Hopefully that means I'll get my RAC up a bit again seeing as that card had been producing about 25% of my total RAC anyways while it was exclusively running Collatz.

PS: I also just saw that Catalyst 12.2 is now available. Guess it's time again to see if it's worth upgrading to...

Platinum Member

Good to know, Mumps! Thanks for posting that! I've had that same problem when on Donate, and I'll be switching back there in about 8.5 days.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Good to know, Mumps! Thanks for posting that! I've had that same problem when on Donate, and I'll be switching back there in about 8.5 days.
    Update: I just had one fail and it no longer paused. So, while I lost 33 minutes of crunching time, it kicked it out and started the next one. No silly dialog waiting for me to wake up and kick it.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Update: I just had one fail and it no longer paused. So, while I lost 33 minutes of crunching time, it kicked it out and started the next one. No silly dialog waiting for me to wake up and kick it.
    Tried your suggestion Mumps & it seems to have helped, I haven't had one hang since early this morning. But I've still had 21 Error out after running just as long as the others that don't error out. It's still a vast improvement though if none hang & just error out. I wake every morning to 2 or 3 Wu's that have been Hung for 7-8 Hr's, uncanny how the Project knows when I'm going to bed ... lol

Funny thing is I thought of Disabling the Error Reporting quite awhile ago but just was to lazy or whatever to implement it ... sigh

Platinum Member

Kinda good day since the tweak. Seems that host has managed to triple it's highest daily output ever on Donate since the tweak.

http://stats5.free-dc.org/stats.php?...don&hostid=213

317K in one day out of a single 5770? I'll take that and be happy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123