Thread: Moo wu running for 7 hrs.

Past Admin

Moo wu running for 7 hrs.

This is the 3rd time this week that I caught a Moo wu running for over 7 hours. GRRR. It's happening on my box with the 5970 and 5870. The wu will hang up at about 98% done. I've posted on the Moo forums but they were no help. http://moowrap.net/forum_thread.php?id=238

Here is the 132k secs wu that I happened over a weekend when I was not paying attention to the box.
    http://moowrap.net/workunit.php?wuid=7059864
    Again no response from Moo with any suggestions.

I installed Boinctasks but must not have the rule set right because it did not suspend the task.

Here is what I did in BT.
    I right clicked on a wu and scrolled down to Add rule. A box pops up called rule editor.
    Bt populates the top portion of Computer, project and application. I names the rule Moo Stuck.

I then filled in Type: with elapsed time, Operator with >, Value: with 0d00:20:00, Time: with 0d,00:00:00
    Hit check, the box at the bottom fills with the value and time. I hit ok. Did not seem to work to prevent the 7 hr wu from running more than the 20 min. rule.

Any ideas?
    All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Diamond Member

Re: Moo wu running for 7 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    This is the 3rd time this week that I caught a Moo wu running for over 7 hours. GRRR. It's happening on my box with the 5970 and 5870. The wu will hang up at about 98% done. I've posted on the Moo forums but they were no help. http://moowrap.net/forum_thread.php?id=238

Here is the 132k secs wu that I happened over a weekend when I was not paying attention to the box.
    http://moowrap.net/workunit.php?wuid=7059864
    Again no response from Moo with any suggestions.

I installed Boinctasks but must not have the rule set right because it did not suspend the task.

Here is what I did in BT.
    I right clicked on a wu and scrolled down to Add rule. A box pops up called rule editor.
    Bt populates the top portion of Computer, project and application. I names the rule Moo Stuck.

I then filled in Type: with elapsed time, Operator with >, Value: with 0d00:20:00, Time: with 0d,00:00:00
    Hit check, the box at the bottom fills with the value and time. I hit ok. Did not seem to work to prevent the 7 hr wu from running more than the 20 min. rule.

Any ideas?
    All help is appreciated. Thanks.
    I never populate the app name, and it works for me. Maybe that is the problem?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I deleted it. I hope that is it.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Did you select 'suspend task' under the Event section? Not trying to insult your intelligence. I only ask since you specifically didn't say in your original post.

I usually check 'show logging dialog' as well, as it makes a window pop up on your desktop when the rule event occurs. Easier to notice for me.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Did you select 'suspend task' under the Event section? Not trying to insult your intelligence. I only ask since you specifically didn't say in your original post.

I usually check 'show logging dialog' as well, as it makes a window pop up on your desktop when the rule event occurs. Easier to notice for me.
    Not insulted Spin. It's all good. Yes I do have it set to suspend. I did fail to mention that detail. Thanks for asking. I'll check the show dialog as well.

Platinum Member

This is a screenshot of the exact same rule I have for the exact same purpose. Also - try repairing your driver through Program Control. I did that and haven't had problems for a while...

Diamond Member

Moo is generally a good project and have not so many mistakes or bugs. That would finnish immediatly if I was an Admin there. My quote would be>

mistakes.jpg

See you are lucky. I am not an Admin there.

Crazy Duke making better mistakes everyday.