Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Push, push, push! :-)

Past Administrator

Re: Push, push, push! :-)

Thanks for the good show, everyone. Well, I was just informed by someone that apparently this has been tried before...and that we'll soon see a massive ramp up from the current #1 team there. So, if that happens, I guess we all know what to expect. I did not know that going into this.
    I hope it is an enjoyable time, ramping up on this, though...of course you never know if we'll slip under their radar, but...sounds like we probably won't. Hey, at the very least, we can cause some heart pounding and various stress related maladies in their camp!

Past Administrator

I'm all for affording the enemy every opportunity to die for his country

I did some quick math based on yesterdays numbers and it looks like it will take 80.31132246582175 days to catch up with P3DN. Assuming of course they do not increase production.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Thanks for the good show, everyone. Well, I was just informed by someone that apparently this has been tried before...and that we'll soon see a massive ramp up from the current #1 team there. So, if that happens, I guess we all know what to expect. I did not know that going into this.
    I hope it is an enjoyable time, ramping up on this, though...of course you never know if we'll slip under their radar, but...sounds like we probably won't. Hey, at the very least, we can cause some heart pounding and various stress related maladies in their camp!

Letīs see what they do before leaving to soon....I have a feeling that P3DN is not so powerfull as they used to be...(like us...) But they are extremely good at rallying their troops when it comes down to that!!:
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Administrator

Sounds good, Beer. By the way, does anyone know who Lazy is on our team? He / she is pulling down some serious numbers in QMC per day. If we could convince him / her to switch to PG for those 3 days in December...might really help us out!

Past Admin

Sounds good, Beer. By the way, does anyone know who Lazy is on our team? He / she is pulling down some serious numbers in QMC per day. If we could convince him / her to switch to PG for those 3 days in December...might really help us out!
    Lazy is a long time member of this team....He used to attend the MB - but havenīt seen him in ages. He has some serious power....This last YEAR of so hes is responsible for keeping us close to #1.....ALL BY HIMSELF!!

Actually I think hes has crunched QMC all the time since we were in Battle for #1 at QMC with P3DN...Thatīs at least 2-3 years ago...

Now if you could persuade him to go Aqua or MW on his x32 hosts...That would be neat...
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Silver Member

14 cores engaged.. Ill let it ride for a bit to see where it ends up

Silver Member

Well I've had my 6 cores running QMC for over 24 hours now and um up to 840 place. There's some serious amount of people crunching this project. I'll see how I move up through the list but I'm only at 800 average work so far.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fogle View Post
    Well I've had my 6 cores running QMC for over 24 hours now and um up to 840 place. There's some serious amount of people crunching this project. I'll see how I move up through the list but I'm only at 800 average work so far.
    Yeah - this is one of those "inflate the average team rank across projects" projects. I'm currently going for my 250k there, and that would only put me in 82nd place. You need ~180k to crack the top 100. 1M doesn't even get you in the top 20 for the team. It's really cool to see those numbers on a project that is not SETI...

Past Administrator

Hi Dorsilfin, I don't think I've ever seen you post here before. Congrats and welcome to the club! Thanks for the help with all those cores, too. We're curious what will happen - if the current #1 team there will even notice and start ramping up...or if we get some smooth sailing.

Take care and thanks for joining us!

Silver Member

Hi Dorsilfin, I don't think I've ever seen you post here before. Congrats and welcome to the club! Thanks for the help with all those cores, too. We're curious what will happen - if the current #1 team there will even notice and start ramping up...or if we get some smooth sailing.

Take care and thanks for joining us!
    Im a long time lurker.. every one in a while I ramp up my computers for a project, but I've been set and forget for my projects of choice as of recently.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast