Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Push, push, push! :-)

Teratoma

Re: Push, push, push! :-)

As soon as I hit 10M in Aqua, I will put those x64 CPUs back on PG. One of the servers that I have temporary use of is one of them, however, I am not sure how much longer I will have use of it and the other 2 (32bit).

Past Administrator

With all due respect, I think the PG thing is cool, but I saw in another thread where Zombie showed PG only paid 59% of what DNETC pays for a 58xx series AMD card. With our RAC in sorry shape compared to SG, SIC, and LAF, I can't see where we can afford to drop either DNETC or MW.
    Last edited by DrPop; 12-02-10 at 12:23 PM.

Harley

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    With all due respect, I think the PG thing is cool, but I saw in another thread wher Zombie showed PG only paid 59% of what DNETC pays for a 58xx series AMD card. With our RAC in sorry shape compared to SG, SIC, and LAF, I can't see where we can afford to drop either DNETC or MW.

I gave PG a try last night. It looks like only 1 of 4 gpu's is returning valid tasks (gpu 0). The other 3 are running about 200s longer and coming back invalid. Oh well... I'm back on MW for now.

At least I'm getting decent credit on MW.
    Last edited by Harley; 12-02-10 at 12:02 PM.

Teratoma

Ok, got my 10M in Aqua so my 64 bit CPUs are on PG plus 2 Nvidia GPUs.

Maybe we should have a thread for this push in PG in the PG forum?

Past Administrator

Yeah, that's probably best on the new push. So are we backing off QMC? I'm fully in for the WCG race for TM over the next couple weeks, but after that I'm open.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Yeah, that's probably best on the new push. So are we backing off QMC? I'm fully in for the WCG race for TM over the next couple weeks, but after that I'm open.
    I do not think we can outproduce P3DN unless we can recruit more people to the cause. But since your are the Captain, you lead and I'll follow

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Awww...shucks! I'm just a team player. But thanks for the kudos! I'm up for what everyone wants to do after the WCG Race. We've got a couple weeks to think about it and get it nailed down. Anything that is fun, pays decent and helps us on our way back to #1 BOINC status is good for me.

I agree we're not going to take QMC without a big fight. And rightly so. Even if we do it, will it really help? I'm thinking each day I put up about 4K there I could have had 4 or 5 times that on AQUA. Where do those thoughts come from? Sorry, I just can't help it!

Well, let me know what everyone wants to do for CPU stuff...I'm on WCG helping TM now until we switch to PG for the challenge.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    I do not think we can outproduce P3DN unless we can recruit more people to the cause. But since your are the Captain, you lead and I'll follow
    I am in and will continue adding what resource I can until I hit my own personal milestone. We're pretty close to what P3DN is producing, and have out produced them (if only by a little) so far today. I'm not yet ready to throw in any towel here.

Give me another 10 days though, and then I probably will.

My next burst of additions was delayed until later next week. So if we're still holding it here, I know where they'll run for at least a little bit.

Past Administrator

Ok, sounds good Mumps. I'm helping TM at WCG right now, but if you want me or anyone to switch back to QMC after we finish WCG, I'll be there with you!

Platinum Member

I'm still pushing QMC, and will be for about 3.5 more days until I reach my 250k MM. Then I'm moving on. Probably to CAS.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast