Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LAF hit 50 million credits in 1 day 11/20

Silver Member

Re: LAF hit 50 million credits in 1 day 11/20

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    SG and LAF are strong on Nvidia cards. PG just released a CUDA app....I see Sic is also on the move...

We need to somehow make an effort on how to trigger new members....I see lnew members on the team, crunching on CPU only....I noticed one guy the other day with Nvidia GTX 495 doing only CPU...He could be pushing 100K with that card...!
    Question on the PG app: I saw some of the posts about the PG app, is that for the sub-project that the last Challenge will be run on? If so, then that could be a big factor against us.

As for the new member with the Nvidia card, some one/how we should let them know but I wonder how well that would be recieved if people new we could tell what they had in their boxes?

Past Administrator

You are correct, and that huge factor against us is part of the reason we're helping out TM at WCG - so they can pull off for 3 days and help us at PG. I don't think we have much CUDA power on our team. Don't often need it, but this time...

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    You are correct, and that huge factor against us is part of the reason we're helping out TM at WCG - so they can pull off for 3 days and help us at PG. I don't think we have much CUDA power on our team. Don't often need it, but this time...
    True. It just happens to be that Ati offers the best credit/performance/powerusage now a days - which is why most people buy it.

So yes. We could definately do some good with more CUDA cards. Much I am not telling anyone what to buy...We have enough "trouble" just getting the masses to LEARN gpu crunching....The cards are out there alrigth....:"we just need people to get the idea"
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    True. It just happens to be that Ati offers the best credit/performance/powerusage now a days - which is why most people buy it.

So yes. We could definately do some good with more CUDA cards. Much I am not telling anyone what to buy...We have enough "trouble" just getting the masses to LEARN gpu crunching....The cards are out there alrigth....:"we just need people to get the idea"
    Is there a FAQ on GPU crunching on this new board yet? There have been various well written posts on them over the year(s) but they get a bit lost in the boards to use as a reference.
    Are their ATI's being pulled off of other lower paying projects and moved to PG?
    The conspiracy theorist in me smells a setup over there at PG with SG. Sucking in LAF and Sic. for the last round will screw with the year's challenge pattern in the critical last round. We already have to deal with Puzzle and Shanky influence.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NJCaNS View Post
    Is there a FAQ on GPU crunching on this new board yet? There have been various well written posts on them over the year(s) but they get a bit lost in the boards to use as a reference.
    Yes. Check it out. And if you have suggestions, join the FAQ Building group and make them...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123