Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the 590s?

Silver Member

Re: What happened to the 590s?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    $750? At what point do they start advertising, "Buy a new Video card and we'll throw in a computer to run it."

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I guess I should clarify my stance a little. Yes, the 590 spits out crazy credits, and could be "worth it" at that price. However, the next generation is close and so much more crunching power per watt, that I think it would be a little nuts to buy at 590 right now. Unless the next gen. is way too pricey when it comes out and/or you just don't want to wait (I understand that feeling!).
    Yes Nvidia's Keplers (GTX 6xx) are due out this month. Quantities will be very limited though and we'll also see AMD's 7xxx series dry up a bit. The reason is because TSMC (who makes the 28nm wafers for both GPU companies) stopped production completely a few weeks ago to tweak their machinery. Assuming their tweaking is successful, then we'll see higher production than before from both companies.

Silver Member

Awe Shucks I will just have to try to get my greedy little hands on a 6xx then.

Silver Member

Sweet thats awesome to hear hopefully those tweeks means savings on our end. With ivy soon to release its gonna be a great time to get a new rig, so hopefully in several month the price of these bad boy video cards will come down off the clowds and be more affordable for us penny pinchers.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    Sweet thats awesome to hear hopefully those tweeks means savings on our end. With ivy soon to release its gonna be a great time to get a new rig, so hopefully in several month the price of these bad boy video cards will come down off the clowds and be more affordable for us penny pinchers.
    Yep. Now we just need HDD prices return to levels equal to last spring/summer. They are still 2x ~ 3x last years lows.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12