Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This could be bad...

Past Administrator

Re: This could be bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    The split CPID happens - I've been there. Just attach one machine to at least some of the project on both (and crunch a WU or two) and that should fix it.

Now, unable to log in at PG is a separate and much worse problem... I hope that doesn't remain the case.
    I would strongly suggest you use one machine and crunch 3-5 wu's from every project you've crunched before. I say this because it looks like your list of projects is almost divided equally between your old and new CPIDs.

For the PG account try and use this info...

Quote Originally Posted by Primegrid
    2) If you forgot your account's email address, or you can't receive email there:
    If you have run BOINC under the account, you can still access it. Here's how:

* Go to the BOINC data directory on your computer (on Windows this is usually C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BOINC or C:\Program Files\BOINC.
    * Find your account file for this project; it will have a name like account_lhcathome.cern.ch.xml (where the project URL is http://lhcathome.cern.ch).
    * Open the file in a text editor like Notepad. You'll see something like

<account>
    <master_url>http://lhcathome.cern.ch/</master_url>
    <authenticator>8b8496fdd26df7dc0423ecd43c09a56b</authenticator>
    <project_name>lhcathome</project_name>
    </account>

* Select and Copy the string between <authenticator> and </authenticator> (8b8496fdd26df7dc0423ecd43c09a56b in the above example).
    * Paste the string into the field below, and click OK.
    * You will now be logged in to your account; update the email and password of your account.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member
    Make sure to ALWAYS use the same email address and password, on all projects.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Make sure to ALWAYS use the same email address and password, on all projects.
    I always do. Clearly i had a momentary lapse of reason.

@F$: can't. PG hasn't been crunched on this box since i pieced it together about 18 months ago. But not worried about PG anymore. It's all these projects that never have work available that worry me

EDIT: This box was made from the leftover pieces that were replaced by the Maxwell Spanker build. Of every project i've ever crunched, i may have the authentication codes for a dozen of them. But no worries, now that i know what to look for, i'll get it straightened out.
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 03-19-12 at 10:50 PM.

Past Admin

Glad you figured it out.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Glad you figured it out.
    +++1

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Man talk about freaking out.. That would be my first responce in loosing that many points.. Im glad things are going in the right direction.. Been through one of those cpuid problems before and it takes forever to correct and like someone stated I attached all the projects on one computer and it finally corrected the issue just set them up to no new task and leave them be. Think i only did one WU on each project but that was long ago.

Silver Member

I have had weirdness with my hosts too. I don't think I split my cpuid but I have had hosts with lots of stones subtracted or added. Its all very confusing. However all my stats are OK so I am just letting it ride.

So sorry you are having troubles with your stats John.

Diamond Member

It could be worst if you knew as much as me about computers. It is my desire that everything solves for the best once I can not say anything to help you. Best days will come.

Duke wishing the best.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    It could be worst if you knew as much as me about computers. It is my desire that everything solves for the best once I can not say anything to help you. Best days will come.

Duke wishing the best.

Thanks Duke.. We could all use some sunshine in our day. I think JPM was ready to punt a few kitten's down the road if this was not worked out.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Thanks Duke.. We could all use some sunshine in our day. I think JPM was ready to punt a few kitten's down the road if this was not worked out.
    Puppies, yes. Kittens, never! You must respect nature's ninja!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast