Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: test615.exe error

Gold Member

test615.exe error

one over half of my donate@home wus I get a computation error with an error message box that says test615.exe has a problem and to close or try to find a solution and then close. Is there a fix for it?

Platinum Member

Re: test615.exe error

I've seen that, but not that frequently. What's your setup?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    I've seen that, but not that frequently. What's your setup?
    I have a Radeon HD 5700 series card. It runs collatz and moo wrapper just fine.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by artemis8 View Post
    one over half of my donate@home wus I get a computation error with an error message box that says test615.exe has a problem and to close or try to find a solution and then close. Is there a fix for it?
    Did you ever learn anything on this issue? I am having trouble on 2 of 3 PCs. I am was beginning to suspect it had something to do with dual AMD gpus and Donate. My Nividia dual is fine. But I see you are running one card and others have duals.

I am running the 12.3 drivers. More trouble with the 7970s but also getting issues sometimes on the 6970. Time to reinstall drivers.

Gold Member

no unfortunately. I've restarted boinc and rebooted my computer, but the error comes up a good percentage of the time and I have to keep an eye on it or it ties up the gpu until I tell it to close.

Past Administrator

artemis8, if you referring to the Windows error window then disable Windows error reporting (Link).

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

no unfortunately. I've restarted boinc and rebooted my computer, but the error comes up a good percentage of the time and I have to keep an eye on it or it ties up the gpu until I tell it to close.
    Same here. This is the error Hydra6 is getting:

Faulting application name: test615.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f4779fa
    Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7601.17744, time stamp: 0x4eeaf722
    Exception code: 0xc000000d
    Fault offset: 0x0000987b
    Faulting process id: 0x84c
    Faulting application path: C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\donateathome.org\tes t615.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll

Testing out different ideas, I will let you know if I learn anything.

My intel/nividia setups no problems, my AMD/ATI setup are both having issues. On the other one I am just getting occasional computation errors (~10%). Wiping the driver install and restalling at least stopped the crashes.

Gold Member

Here is a thread covering the issue, looks like STE\/E has run into it also. There is no resolution in the thread, but it does run through a lot of what they tried.

http://dev.gpugrid.org/forum_thread.php?id=58&sort=6

Gold Member

I seem to be having luck on 2 fronts, we will see what happens overnight.

On the PC with application error (a.k.a. BEX error) I changed my Boinc preferences to limit max cpu to 75% (i.e. exclude one of the 4 cpus). This is the longest I have gone without the error. The error being thrown is a error on the CPU activity, so this was my guess on resolution. Time will tell.

On the PC with the computation errors, I suspended the CPU project to remove all CPU load except for support of Donate GPU activity. Not one computation error since and again the longest I have gone without that error on Donate. On this PC I suspect the North Bridge/Memory is the likely source of the problem. It was also the hardest part of the O.C. If I go error free over night, I will turn off O.C. settings and enable the CPU project again.

BTW running POEM on both for CPU project.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    artemis8, if you referring to the Windows error window then disable Windows error reporting (Link).
    If I go that route, I think I will do it to just stop the error reporting on test615 (if I can) and not all of Windows (the link he provided mentions that possibility). Each time this error occurs, the WU still reports as valid. So, the error is basically just annoying and stops work.

Good tip Fire$torm, thanks.
    Last edited by EmSti; 04-09-12 at 09:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast