Thread: Anyone have 4GB DDR2 RAM they would like to sell?

Past Administrator

Anyone have 4GB DDR2 RAM they would like to sell?

Just got a hand-me down computer in good shape from Dad for my new office server, that way I can run the big rigs - Cheetah and Puma - in the back full time BOINC crunching.
    I'd like to upgrade the RAM on this rig - it takes the older DDR2 style. Specifically looking at 4GB of DDR2, two sticks of 2GB if anyone's got it. Looks like it'll be about $50 from Newegg, so figured I'd ask here first in case anyone had it laying around collecting dust and wanted to make some money.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Cruncher Pete; 04-09-12 at 10:53 PM.

Past Administrator

Re: Anyone have 4GB DDR2 RAM they would like to sell?

DrPop I have five PC2-3200 sticks but they are only 512MB each. Do you have four mem slots? If you can use them then they are free.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Thanks for the generous offer. I'll have to check on that...I think it actually has 2GB in it now, though I very much appreciate the thought.

Advisor - Stateside Division

I'm pretty sure I've got some 2Gb DDR2 sticks which you can have. I'll dig them out tomorrow.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've got some 2Gb DDR2 sticks which you can have. I'll dig them out tomorrow.
    Thanks for checking for me! Willing to pay whatever you need for them too, I just wanted to give someone here a shot at making some coin before I gave it all to Newegg again, lol!

Cruncher Pete

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Just got a hand-me down computer in good shape from Dad for my new office server, that way I can run the big rigs - Cheetah and Puma - in the back full time BOINC crunching.
    I'd like to upgrade the RAM on this rig - it takes the older DDR2 style. Specifically looking at 4GB of DDR2, two sticks of 2GB if anyone's got it. Looks like it'll be about $50 from Newegg, so figured I'd ask here first in case anyone had it laying around collecting dust and wanted to make some money.
    Thanks!

Jed no need to pay for DDR2 RAMs, I have plenty to spare at no cost to you. Let jme know whee to send it and it will be on its way..

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Thanks for the generous offer. I'll have to check on that...I think it actually has 2GB in it now, though I very much appreciate the thought.
    LOL sorry Jed. LOL no more posting after 32 hours of wake time.... Only the 2GB registered, not eh desire to have 4GB total. Oooops.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Thanks for all the offers, really appreciate it!
    @C.P. - maybe I will see if BOK has any first because shipping would cost you a bit from OZ! But if he doesn't find any in his stash, then maybe I will be sending you a PM.