Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1K Club Icon

Past Administrator

Re: 1K Club Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Looks nice.. I do like Slicker's idea about a 1 Mill. one as well. Perhaps a lighting bolt under or through the 1k and stones in the 1 Mil. I'm not trying to make more work for you. If it's too much
    to add anything, no problem. Believe me when I say I like it. Good job F$...
    I like the lightning bolt idea. Its not hard work, trust me.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

OK, Mike's idea with a twist.

LBK_Club.png

Background is transparent. Should I change it to a black background?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Now that is truly cool.

What have you got in mind for the 1Mil club badge?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Now that is truly cool.

What have you got in mind for the 1Mil club badge?
    Thank you. For the MM icon I think the MM guys should decide that. They just need to keep in mind that it needs to be about the same size as the 1K icon. If they prefer I can whip something up for them.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I actually, personally, like the 1K more than the lightning bolt. (my 2 cents).

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Thank you. For the MM icon I think the MM guys should decide that. They just need to keep in mind that it needs to be about the same size as the 1K icon. If they prefer I can whip something up for them.
    I'm not trying to infringe on MM territory. I was more thinking about 1M credit per day in BOINC combined, not 1M milestones in a project, which makes it more of a TopGun thing. What I propose is 1 million credits per day for X consecutive days gets you into the club where X is 5 or 10 days. It definitely has to be more than one or two days. It could also be something like 10 our of 15 days or something like that. To remain in the club, you would have to prove you meet the requirements each year. That way, someone who likes projects like WCG or chasing MMs who might not get 1M per day on their chosed projects can crunch some other higher paying projects for a short period to earn the badge and then go back to their preferred projects until the next year.

Maybe, like PG badges, it could be at 250K, 500K, and 1M per day with different colors (bronze, silver, gold?) so that those with a single box can participate but it will take a considerable effort and multiple GPUs and potentially multiple computers to get to the 1M mark. Whatever we decide the limits (100K, 200K, 250K, or other for the minimum?) should be, I think they should require a GPU to achieve since we really need to encourage GPU crunching. That's how Sic's kicking our butts.

Tracking and confirming should be pretty easy since both FreeDC (graph) and BOINCStats (grid) track 30 days of credits (Hint: maybe a color change for the bars is needed on FreeDC for the various levels since the labels per day are not provided making it difficult to tell the exact numbers)

Since we are crunching for cobblestones (a.k.a. credits) a rock would seem appropriate, but I don't think that will work given the small icon size. So, I propose the icon should be of a bulldog or guard dog since, once you get 1M per day for X days, you are "playing with the big dogs". Something like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lldog_Logo.png
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

OK, one vote for the original icon. Two more to tie or three to win. Anyone want to backup artemis8?

@Slicker: I see. Great concept. The color coded Tiers or Levels if you prefer, would probably have the most appeal. For the bulldog I'll test down scaling to see how it looks but it should work.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

I will Thing is, the 1K looks cool, but we don't know what it is really; however, if you make the badges for the stones/day look different, then people will know it's for something different. No way to put a tiny "PSU" or something below the 1K and make it look cool, or make it look like a 3D cube with 1K on it, is there?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I will Thing is, the 1K looks cool, but we don't know what it is really; however, if you make the badges for the stones/day look different, then people will know it's for something different. No way to put a tiny "PSU" or something below the 1K and make it look cool, or make it look like a 3D cube with 1K on it, is there?
    Well with the height restriction not really. However, I can make the icon longer, up to 125 pixels included the eagle head to match the max. width of user's avatar. I was just trying keep the icon from dominating (more pronounced) then the Eagle. For what each icon means we can always add a "Special Icons" section to the Forum FAQ. Not a big deal there.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

So um how do even know if your power supply is running at 1KW?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast