Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: found!

GregK

found!

a laptop (i drive a garbage truck) its a dell inspiron model: pp41L has vista premium but i may upgrade to win7 intel pentium dual-core, 1= 2gb pc2-6400 ram. BUT of course it may not work i need a new power cord to see. it was found in a more affluant neighborhood so im guessing its fixable maybe just locked up with virus's. its killin me i need that power cord! lol ordering from ebay today! if something is broke i wouldnt mind sinking a 150$ into it tops.

Platinum Member

Re: found!

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
    a laptop (i drive a garbage truck) its a dell inspiron model: pp41L has vista premium but i may upgrade to win7 intel pentium dual-core, 1= 2gb pc2-6400 ram. BUT of course it may not work i need a new power cord to see. it was found in a more affluant neighborhood so im guessing its fixable maybe just locked up with virus's. its killin me i need that power cord! lol ordering from ebay today! if something is broke i wouldnt mind sinking a 150$ into it tops.
    Sweet! I'm still happy when I find Core2 Duo's as well. 2-Cores is better than none, right GregK?

Silver Member

Nice 1 man's garbage another man's rig!

GregK

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Sweet! I'm still happy when I find Core2 Duo's as well. 2-Cores is better than none, right GregK?
    oh yeah! specially for just mild gaming and general use. will use it for challenges also.

Past Admin

Sweet!! Nice find. Keep us updated. More stones!!!

Gold Member

If you get it working, maybe you can get it onto Quake Catcher Network.
    6r39 7r199

GregK

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    If you get it working, maybe you can get it onto Quake Catcher Network.
    good idea. does it have the device built in? otherwise ill order one eventually.

Past Administrator

Oooops

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
    The screen on my wife's Inspiron 6000 died a coupld years ago. I had it on my KVM for a while but don't have enough cables to keep it connected any more. I was just going to toss it, so if you want any of the parts, let me know. Otherwise, they'll hit the trash next week.

RAM (2x512 MB),
    internal DVD,
    Li-ion battery (pretty old, so may not hold a charge)
    POWER SUPPLY

If interested, send me PM and they are your for the cost of shipping. I'll grab the part numbers off them if you want to check compatibility with the one you found.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

GregK

Is the ram pc2-6400? It had a power cord but where it plugs in was severed. back panel was taken off there were 2 wires back there taken off said 1 & 2 and connections just pop back on. slicker do you think the motherboard and hd are compatable with my 1545?
    Last edited by GregK; 05-26-12 at 06:27 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast