Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: found!

Gold Member

Re: found!

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
    good idea. does it have the device built in? otherwise ill order one eventually.
    I was just pointing out that if it did have the internal accelerometer, you might as well get the 50 extra credits a day and help the team on QCN. One way to find out is connect to the project.

I wouldn't bother asking me anything about laptops. I know next to nothing about them.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I wouldn't bother asking me anything about laptops. I know next to nothing about them.
    I took one apart once...Never did get it back together again so I am with trigggl.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Gold Member

Is the ram pc2-6400? It had a power cord but where it plugs in was severed. back panel was taken off there were 2 wires back there taken off said 1 & 2 and connections just pop back on.
    The RAM, each 1 GB and not 512 MB as I originally thought, is pc2-5300. Here's the exact part: http://www.centon.com/cmp/cmp667so102401
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I was just pointing out that if it did have the internal accelerometer, you might as well get the 50 extra credits a day and help the team on QCN. One way to find out is connect to the project.

Dell and Sony do not allow access to their proprietary hardware APIs and drivers. So no go on the internal accelerometer. This I know as I have both a sony and a Dell lappy.

Form the QCN forum (Here)
    Quote Originally Posted by QCN Forum
    To check you can download QCNLive and see if it detects a sensor on your machine.
    DL QCNLive (Here)

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

GregK

thanks for the offer slicker ill see what happens when the cord comes in. lol forgot i allready have xtra memory found a pc2-5300 2gb stick. 4gb will be a first! if i can fix it...

GregK

have the power pack and i find it wont boot or do anything. just a blinking blue light on powerpack. and just for the heck of it im going to take it in to get fixed.

have the power pack and i find it wont boot or do anything. just a blinking blue light on powerpack. and just for the heck of it im going to take it in to get fixed.
    Just a little perspective is needed here my friend.

You can purchase a used HP DV6205US and upgrade it with a high speed Intel Core 2 Duo (Laptop socket) cpu for less than $200 on Ebay.

I would recommend this route over paying someone to repair a laptop which does not start.

Sorry! Don't get upset!
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

GregK

i know but ill have it fixed anyway. probably by the end of next month. unless i find a camper i want.

invisy

a laptop (i drive a garbage truck) its a dell inspiron model: pp41L has vista premium but i may upgrade to win7 intel pentium dual-core, 1= 2gb pc2-6400 ram. BUT of course it may not work i need a new power cord to see. it was found in a more affluant neighborhood so im guessing its fixable maybe just locked up with virus's. its killin me i need that power cord! lol ordering from ebay today! if something is broke i wouldnt mind sinking a 150$ into it tops.
    I Love Dumpster Diving !!!

GregK

found me a 14 foot john boat too. just needs some rivets replaced. ill use nut bolt nylon washer and some marine sealant though. im buying a 55lb trolling motor for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast