Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: found!

invisy

Re: found!

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
    found me a 14 foot john boat too. just needs some rivets replaced. ill use nut bolt nylon washer and some marine sealant though. im buying a 55lb trolling motor for it.
    on copper bottom bottom paint and the blue bottom paint will eat out around rivets so you my want to keep that in mind

GregK

appreciate it. at this point im thinking just to leave the paint as is. whats left of it anyway. peeled really bad. but i will clean any paint away from around the holes. i have about 140 rivets to replace with bolts! itll be stronger and wont likely loosen again. have to replace the wood where the motor mounts and 1 handle on the back im taking off the heavy plate that was bolted in front looks like it was a mount for a swivel seat.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
    found me a 14 foot john boat too. just needs some rivets replaced. ill use nut bolt nylon washer and some marine sealant though. im buying a 55lb trolling motor for it.
    I recommend 5200 by 3M it is some serious stuff and it sets up even underwater. They also have an epoxy aluminum product which is pretty sweet we use it on aluminum boats to avoid a dissimilar metals which cause corrosion from electrolysis. Only an issue in saltwater environments though.

GregK

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkarl1 View Post
    I recommend 5200 by 3M it is some serious stuff and it sets up even underwater. They also have an epoxy aluminum product which is pretty sweet we use it on aluminum boats to avoid a dissimilar metals which cause corrosion from electrolysis. Only an issue in saltwater environments though.
    ya i believe it was 5200 i am going to use i read up a thread on some boating forum about it. said to coat the bolts with it so it squishes though as i tighten. still waiting on my tax returns though. nazi irs said they didnt get a form.... bs h&r block said they sent it. maybe its because i told the irs 6 months ago to f off! when they said i was a non filer last year. said ya because ive never worked in arkansas dip shizs! that was before this job i have now. even if it means my money i wont kiss azz to some rogue anti american criminals!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123