Thread: DiRT quorum of 2 ???

Administrator

DiRT quorum of 2 ???

When did they start requiring a quorum of 2 to validate?

Administrator

Re: DiRT quorum of 2 ???

I think it was about 3 weeks ago. They found bunches of errors in some of the results so they will have to redo a bunch of the work that has already been done. I guess a lot of people had their GPUs OC'd to the point it was causing problems.

Diamond Member

I don't understand diRT. Since the beginning is giving a lot of errors for me but I could see in the WUs that I am not the only one. I am using the normal crunching for the GPU, no Overclocking at MSI afterburner. Some tasks are erroring for everybody. I think they are doing something wrong.

After 11 error tasks on a row I had to stop the project, it is a pitty.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    I don't understand diRT. Since the beginning is giving a lot of errors for me but I could see in the WUs that I am not the only one. I am using the normal crunching for the GPU, no Overclocking at MSI afterburner. Some tasks are erroring for everybody. I think they are doing something wrong.

After 11 error tasks on a row I had to stop the project, it is a pitty.
    I think this issue is something different. Tasks that error out are okay, as they are not counted as valid to the science anyway. The issue here is that some tasks were being reported as valid, when they really were not.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Thanks for the explanation Z.

It is kind of confusing for crunchers doing the WUs and not being rewarded in points and having 11 tasks in a row not paying the fair work. I was about 24 hours seeing my tasks return with zero points for my HD 5770. That is kind of discouraging if we join all the previous tasks waitting for validation and validating errors. I wanted to get to one million but this way I will stay where I am. I am not far, I am tired of seeing tasks made and not rewarded.

Duke