Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Donate never ending jobs

Past Administrator

Re: Donate never ending jobs

Quote Originally Posted by EmSti View Post
    Right, beta discussion thread, but I went and downloaded the latest release 2.2.1 which was released a week or so ago. The beta thread made me understand the errors of my ways.
    Roger that. Question: Is "Unofficial Overclocking" still permitted in that version? That is, can you OC past CCC limits?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Has a solution for the never ending tasks ever been found? For me with 5870s and 7970, I get them frequently. I lose several hours every day on each of them, and that is with frequent checking. I tried using BOINCtasks to suspend a hung task, which does work. But for some reason, I can't get replacement tasks to download. So the hung task is suspended, and the GPU sits idle.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Has a solution for the never ending tasks ever been found? For me with 5870s and 7970, I get them frequently. I lose several hours every day on each of them, and that is with frequent checking. I tried using BOINCtasks to suspend a hung task, which does work. But for some reason, I can't get replacement tasks to download. So the hung task is suspended, and the GPU sits idle.
    As soon as I went to Zydor's app_info.xml (see post #3 of this thread) the problem went away on 2 of the machines (I also went to CCC 12.4 at the same time, manually removing amdocl and opencl dlls from \windows\system32 if they are not from 4/5 before reinstalling 12.4). After that it came down to one card that would abort the gpu drivers when it hit 83c. The drivers restart of course, but test615.exe would keep right on going forever. Just happen to see it occur one day. If you suspend the hung tasks and resumed them, they would start from the beginning and finish fine. Fixed the temp problem and no more nevers.

Hey...looking at that post #3, I have knocked off 3 full minutes of the WU cycle. The dual 7970s are now producing 4 Donate WUs every 18:05 and back then it was 21 minutes.

Diamond Member

Yeah, I have used the app_info.xml, and 12.4. Oh well, I will struggle on until I hit my 100M MM, and then just bail.

And yeah, I know restarting them will let them finish. But that doesn't make up for the lost time. I am curious why BOINC won't DL more tasks while the task is suspended. Or maybe the problem is on the server side. Either way, suspending a task doesn't solve the problem of wasted time.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I have noticed that suspending then resuming the task after a few minutes will get the wu to complete. Since you can have up to three actions per rule in BOINC Tasks, you could set the 2nd action to start a Windows batch file/Linux script to wait several minutes and then call boinccmd to resme the task.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Hmmm...is this related to the "test-something.exe" stopping problem? Puma gets that every now and then for no reason that I can see - doesn't matter if I have the GPUs O/Ced or not, doesn't seem to have any schedule, just random. What's even more strange is sometimes it looks like it stops Donate WUs from running...other times it doesn't seem to matter and it just starts new WUs! I don't know what to think. This is two 5870s running 12.3 drivers...

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Hmmm...is this related to the "test-something.exe" stopping problem? Puma gets that every now and then for no reason that I can see - doesn't matter if I have the GPUs O/Ced or not, doesn't seem to have any schedule, just random. What's even more strange is sometimes it looks like it stops Donate WUs from running...other times it doesn't seem to matter and it just starts new WUs! I don't know what to think. This is two 5870s running 12.3 drivers...
    Yep, Test615.exe is the Donate app/wrapper.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Getting closer to goal, last 2 days over 4 Mill credits. I started upping voltage and clocks yesterday. Errors went up for awhile and blackdragon was locking up for awhile. Lost a few hours during those lock ups and when I shut it down to adjust fans. But I think they are all stable at the next level now. Might need some minor voltage tweaks yet. 7970 cards now at 1165 MHZ and each is finishing 2 wus every 17:35, so another 25 sec off.

Gold Member

Yippy, king of the hill for a day at Donate.
    It changes day to day, grabbing snapshot while it is there. It is a first for me.

Attachment 912

Administrator
    Congrats! Keep it up! SUSA wants to be 1st to 1 Billion.

Sent from my ADR6300

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast