Yeha, the crazy Duke have some ideas about it.

I really think we had some help along the way. I don't know if they are watching from the space or from the future. It is a bit crazy I know. There are so many proofs and histories that came from the pass that we can not stop imagining if the gods were astraunauts.

I have started a scientific fiction book about a planet with many races ( of flesh and iron ) that tried to conquer earth and in his inner fights destroyed each other starting the legends of the fallen angels or long life magicians ( like Merlin ) and the date for the next ship to arrive was 21st December 2012. One thing that still puzzles me is why among all races of all earth some legends and dates are very consistence but unless they can travel ( or comunicate ) faster than light ( and in that case SETI would be useless ), they should have a very different way of thinking about time.

I don't really think the comunication between very advanced beings should be restrain to the light speed limit or would be useless. Can you imagine a conversation with gaps of hundreds of years between question and answer? So SETI have to search for any other kind of comunication that we don't have for now that is if can be made. So I think for now SETI is useless even to a conversation with our neighboor star the gap would be of 9 years between saying something and earing the answer and at what cost.

smileys-thanks-104563.gif for your patience with the very Crazy Duke