Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another team Mega Milestone at our finger tips.

Silver Member

Re: Another team Mega Milestone at our finger tips.

Thanks to those that chipped in to notch another team milestone for SUSA. Once you have these you can't lose them. Like diamonds, they're forever. That's why I hate to miss these opportunities and will keep an eye out for others that might need a bit of help.

One of the nice thing about team MM's is they add a little variety to single project crunching. And as you saw above, keeps the other guys on their toes.

@Zombie, I'm years past my 40's.

Gold Member

I hit 10k today, done for now, till next time

Gold Member

Just to let you guys know one thing math related to the project: Bearnol's uses strictly an exponential time algorithm and is actually worse than trial division. It is pointless what the project does.
    I am amazed by the fact that SETI.USA team has almost 11M credits when the CPU power wasted would be more useful elsewhere. Anyway...it's always your call, money, time, fun, etc..

Carlos

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    Just to let you guys know one thing math related to the project: Bearnol's uses strictly an exponential time algorithm and is actually worse than trial division. It is pointless what the project does.
    I am amazed by the fact that SETI.USA team has almost 11M credits when the CPU power wasted would be more useful elsewhere. Anyway...it's always your call, money, time, fun, etc..

Carlos
    That's an easy one. I still have a chance to become the first cruncher to 10 Mil here. That's where 7.5 Mil of the team tot comes from at least.

10 Mil = I'm not lettin' the door hit me in the yass.

Diamond Member

That's the whole point of MMs. It spreads out the crunching love. In order to own a MM category, it requires having the most of them, and that means all projects. That includes the great paying projects (even if the science is crap) and the crappy paying ones (even if their science is great).
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

If you go the the original stats page (with the fish cartoon) you can see that I ran a lot of this project by myself with my old AMD 1100 MHz. But then I decided to study the matter to see if I was doing useful work for the math community.
    I completely understand both points of view and I am not here to point what people should or not run. I think the most important thing of all is to have fun, to forget the daily worries, to keep our minds busy...

Carlos

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    If you go the the original stats page (with the fish cartoon) you can see that I ran a lot of this project by myself with my old AMD 1100 MHz. But then I decided to study the matter to see if I was doing useful work for the math community.
    I completely understand both points of view and I am not here to point what people should or not run. I think the most important thing of all is to have fun, to forget the daily worries, to keep our minds busy...

Carlos

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123