Thread: BAM! introduces scheduled tasks

Zytozux

BAM! introduces scheduled tasks

Have you guys seen the new update for the BAM account manager? I got some serious nerd chills reading this guys.

With this newest BAM! feature you can schedule tasks to be executed on your groups or hosts when certain thresholds are reached.

Triggers are having a certain amount of work from a project on your host, reaching a certain amount of credit in a project or simply on time.

A task can set projects on the host to attach/detach, suspend/resume, no new work, delayed detach and abort not started work.

You can for example suspend all projects on a host when a challenge starts (except the challenge project of course), switch your host-group to a new project when you have reached your credit target or set all projects to no new work when your favorite project has work and resume them when this project runs out of work.

You can find the page to manage the tasks in your BAM! menu.
    Looks like some pretty cool stuff for our team challenges and milestone members.

http://boincstats.com/en/bam

Diamond Member
    Yeah, I saw that. But I couldn't find the controls on BAM. Also, I stopped using BAM ever since I started using BOINCtasks.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Re: BAM! introduces scheduled tasks

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. But I couldn't find the controls on BAM. Also, I stopped using BAM ever since I started using BOINCtasks.
    I found them!!! They are in the left hand column right below sign up for projects.

# Host list
    # Group list
    # Task list

But +++1 for BOINCtasks. BAM is still not nearly as convenient, although it is a step in the right direction.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Zytozux

Re: BAM! introduces scheduled tasks

Hey thanks for the info on the boinctasks thing. I didn't know it existed. I think the following is there website if anyone else interdasted in this sort of thing.

http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/boinc_tasks/