Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Airline

Past Administrator

Re: Favorite Airline

I've been in an airplane 3 times in my life. 1st time it was a Cessna 150 at age 13. It was a demo flight lesson. Best high I've ever had. Amazing experience.

2nd time was a flight to Texas out of Midway. No delays, no hassles but that was in 87'.

Last trip was in 00' or 01' to a LAN party out west. Again flew out of Midway but I did see something that royally pissed me off. You see I brought my system with me which was a P4 system in an Antec SX 1040B case (SoHo tower) and my 55 lb 19" monitor. As the monitor was in a big box it was easy to spot as they loaded it onto the plane. Their form of loading? The loader ROLLED the box into the cargo bay!!! Got to the LAN party and discovered my monitor had huge patches of green & blue screen bloom (off color areas in the screen image). I was not a happy camper...

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    You guys don't inspire confidence. I'm going to be taking my first flight ever in September to San Francisco. Prefer to drive everywhere to take in the scenery. My Father was a pilot just for fun and I'm told he used to take me up in a Bi-plne as a child. I don't remember any of it, but I'm guessing that's why I have a little fear of it. Hope my experience is better. My kids have flown Southwest a couple of times without a problem, but don't know if they have a direct flight to SF.
    I'm the same way. ould rather drive than fly anyday. Not because of any fear really, but just because you miss everything in-between when you fly. Like you said, i like to take in the scenery.

I have flown Delta, American, Braniff (no longer exists), Quantas and Virgin. Never had any issues with any of them as far as being delayed or any fear the plane would fall apart. But the joke of an airline called Virgin can go to hell I flew Virgin from Melbourne to Launceston (Australia) and the whole flight all they did was try to sell me stuff. Passed out magazines of all the overpriced garbage i could purchase on the plane. The stewardesses talked about it, the pilot talked about it over the intercom. Holy hell get me off this plane!

Edit: btw, i'll be DRIVING to San Fran early next month. It's also nice not having to rent a car when you get to where you're going, not to mention the money saved.
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 07-16-12 at 09:10 PM.

Gold Member

You haven't experienced flight until you fly the dear old Columbian airline, Avianca. I flew in a 747 from Miami to Bogata Columbia. My seat was in the last row near the back door. As we got up to altitude people started walking around and I started hearing a strange whistling noise. After doing a little exploring I looked closely at the back door. It had a large, and very noisy pressure leak. People were standing next to this door. I talked to one of the stewardesses and mentioned the leak and she told me not to worry, it was going on for several flights now. Needless to say I moved to a different seat and spent the rest of the flight with a seat belt on tightly. I could just see the door seal blowing out.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Diamond Member

Duke's airlines are the best.

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12