Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Windows 7 Home 64-Bit Installation Disc

Platinum Member

Need Windows 7 Home 64-Bit Installation Disc

So we replaced the motherboard on a family friend's computer and had to reinstall windows. Tried using the Win7 Professional 64-bit installation disc that I have and then using the CD key on the side of the case and of course it said CD Key doesn't match UPC code of the current installation. If anyone has an installation disc that they could image to where I could d/l the .iso that'd be extremely helpful.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Administrator

Re: Need Windows 7 Home 64-Bit Installation Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    So we replaced the motherboard on a family friend's computer and had to reinstall windows. Tried using the Win7 Professional 64-bit installation disc that I have and then using the CD key on the side of the case and of course it said CD Key doesn't match UPC code of the current installation. If anyone has an installation disc that they could image to where I could d/l the .iso that'd be extremely helpful.
    Is the key OEM or retail?

I have both.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

It's a HP box, so I assume it's an OEM. Bought as a complete package.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

Past Administrator

Man, sorry for the delay. Loooong day yesterday with a huge chunk of it trying (unsuccessfully) to get my FTP and Torrent servers onto the net. Won't bore you with details...

So I have a workaround for my lack of IT skills. I ended up using two file hosting sites for the Win7 installer ISO image. The ISO is contained in Rar archive split in two parts. Once you DL the files use WinRar (Here) to extract the complete ISO file. BTW, I would suggest grabbing version 3.93 as I think version 4.x have a 40 day trail limit.

As to using the image file you have two choices:

1) You can burn the image to DVD disk

2) Use WinSetupFromUSB (Here) to install Win7 from a 4GB or larger USB stick (Thumb Drive). Note that WinSetup will reformat the thumb drive before writing the ISO image. Installing from a thumb drive is a lot faster then any optical medium.

I will PM the DL links to you as soon as I post this.

F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Sorry, I read the PM before I saw your post. Of course, can't access them from work. Will have to try when I get home.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Once you DL the files use WinRar (Here) to extract the complete ISO file. BTW, I would suggest grabbing version 3.93 as I think version 4.x have a 40 day trail limit.
    7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org ) is freeware (not shareware or trialware) and supports zip, rar, gzip, and a multitude of other compression types. It also has its own 7-zip compression (file extension .7z) which compacts better than RAR or Zip and can be run either via the GUI or command line parameters for the non-QWERTY challenged.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org ) is freeware (not shareware or trialware) and supports zip, rar, gzip, and a multitude of other compression types. It also has its own 7-zip compression (file extension .7z) which compacts better than RAR or Zip and can be run either via the GUI or command line parameters for the non-QWERTY challenged.
    Ah yes.... Forgot about 7z. I use WinRar mainly because it supports most archive formats. Its a great electric can opener.... I'll install 7z again for a look see. Thx Slicker.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

DL'd a copy of winrar 3.93. Unfortunately it's a trial also. When extracting the files, I'm going to end up with 2 ISO files. How do I combine them to make 1 bootable DVD? Forgive the ignorance, but I'm used to working with DVD files and not ISO images. Doh!

Edit: My bad. maybe looking at this wrong. Are these 2 different versions of win7?

Edit2: Was able to combine the 2 files 2 1 ISO image attempting burn now. DOH!!!
    Last edited by Crazybob; 07-19-12 at 08:25 PM.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    DL'd a copy of winrar 3.93. Unfortunately it's a trial also. When extracting the files, I'm going to end up with 2 ISO files. How do I combine them to make 1 bootable DVD? Forgive the ignorance, but I'm used to working with DVD files and not ISO images. Doh!

Edit: My bad. maybe looking at this wrong. Are these 2 different versions of win7?

Edit2: Was able to combine the 2 files 2 1 ISO image attempting burn now. DOH!!!
    Hehehehehe...........

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

I was trying to install Windows 7 on my computer and with those indications all I got was confused. Is there any link for a trial of windows 7?
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast