Thread: 7970 Which Brand?

Silver Member

7970 Which Brand?

Not familiar with AMD GPU brands. Any to avoid or any that are much better than the others?

Re: 7970 Which Brand?

I bought two of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102982

Been very happy with them so far... they run nice an cool and even If I crank the fan up to 100% they are still quiet. I have been running them at 100% dirt load and fan only at 70% or so.

Platinum Member

Unless someone here can vouch for them, i think the only brand to avoid is VisionTek. Not many have heard of Diamond because they seem to have low production numbers and never do any high-end boards, but i have one of their 5870s i bought back when they first came out and it still works. Overclocks great as well.

But yeah, of all the other brands (Sapphire, Gigabyte, MSI, XFX, etc.) VisionTek is the only one i can never recall hearing anyone brag about.

Past Administrator

I had a VisionTek card once. The Radeon HD 2600XT AGP card running in my now long gone Abit / P4 system. The card worked unless you needed to upgrade the drivers. VisionTek offered ZERO driver support. Ended up selling it on eBay when that system gave up the ghost.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6