Thread: FreeHAL: Longer run times?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Re: FreeHAL: Longer run times?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Hmm. I don't see any slow-down running FH. To me, it's all just free upside..
    There are 2 different sized WU being issued by the project. If you get 7 of the shorter ones and 1 or more of the longer ones then all the cores that had crunched the short WU sit idle for a couple of hours waiting for the last WU to finish. It won't ask for work until ALL WU have completed.

Yes, somewhat free credits, but no where near what you could get if the WU size was matched on each download.

Diamond Member

Re: FreeHAL: Longer run times?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    There are 2 different sized WU being issued by the project. If you get 7 of the shorter ones and 1 or more of the longer ones then all the cores that had crunched the short WU sit idle for a couple of hours waiting for the last WU to finish. It won't ask for work until ALL WU have completed.

Yes, somewhat free credits, but no where near what you could get if the WU size was matched on each download.
    I understand. But free is free. It's not like I am losing out on credits from other projects, by running FH. Even with mixed length tasks. It's all upside. For me, it's ~2500 per day, and over 14M in total, helping out the team's total score.

I'm surprised that this isn't a priority for the folks who want us to be #1 in overall credits.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne