Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RSA Lattice Server moving to NFS@Home and shutting down

Diamond Member

RSA Lattice Server moving to NFS@Home and shutting down

"Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Re: RSA Lattice Server moving to NFS@Home and shutting down

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    What?!??!?? And I didn't even have an account there yet??!?!?!? Dang, time to run amuck!

Platinum Member

Dang, unless this is a temporary work stoppage, it looks like this may be the end...

http://boinc.unsads.com/rsals/server_status.php

I should hit the 1 Mil level, but wish there was 2 more days of work to catch up to Sic* And 6 more days of work for a team 5 Mil MM...

EDIT: Checking the forums, this should be a temporary dry-up. The server is low on disk space so they need to do a little cleanup. But it may take up to a week to be able to do that. They have to get some post-processing completed before they can.
    Last edited by Mumps; 08-09-12 at 07:54 AM.

Gold Member

Hmmmm.... Mumps has a 24 processor box which leads the LSA project with a top RAC of..... wait for it...... 2.4K per day. That's just 35 times less than DiRT! Someone stop me before I move my whole farm over to LSA! Oh, wait. I already have a 10K milestone there. No need.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Hmmmm.... Mumps has a 24 processor box which leads the LSA project with a top RAC of..... wait for it...... 2.4K per day. That's just 35 times less than DiRT! Someone stop me before I move my whole farm over to LSA! Oh, wait. I already have a 10K milestone there. No need.
    Keep in mind though, that 24-core box was only added to LSA 4 days ago, so that RAC is far from settled in at an accurate level. That system is crunching other projects too, as well as my Split CPID *also* causing some machines to have gotten multiple host cpid's so even all the daily production for this single host may be split. ( I haven't confirmed if this specific one is affected though.) And, the last excuse I'll make is I do have problems uploading larger results. Depending on the upload size (and LSA has larger uploads) I lose a percentage of my work to uploads that cannot be completed. Something up to almost 5% daily per host with this size uploads.

Daily production at LSA is about 10K though, so the credits really do still suck when compared to GPUS. Maybe I need to volunteer that 24 core host to do their post-processing for them.

The Project Admin has mentioned in the forums that the crunching power "has quadrupled since I made my announcement." Well, looking back 3 weeks, my own daily production is currently about 6 times what they had been getting donated up until then. And the project daily output yesterday shows I was about 50% of their total production. It seems sic* is ramping up to try to defend a position. Or at least hit a 5Mil MM like I'm hoping our team can do.

Gold Member

Well, I'm all in until I get to 50k. I really doubt I can make it to 100k unless I borrow the usage of a hydra head. In fact, with a project shutting down, we could move available hydra head cores over (to the project, not to me) if we're within reach of passing another team. This end of life looks a little more definitive than the Yafu EOL.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

Here's a thought....
    1. SIC has a lot less CPU power than us.
    2. Once the project shuts down, the position is permanent.
    3. We are only a couple hundred thousand behind them and less than a million behind SG.

If we really made a push, could we pass them both and end up with a permanent 4th? Or, if we really pushed super hard, even 3rd (1.2 million to catch up)? Or, is the credit so bad that there's no chance of either?
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Diamond Member

Slicker you are one of my brother just tell me you want me to crunch RSA and I will do it. I just have my small power to help you. I will be there with you.

That was a very inspirational speech at least for me and so I will be there with you. I will start immediately. Man what a speech...
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

I finished all the tasks there are no more. I made all the one task they had. Am I fired?

Very Crazy Duke
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

A 3 day cache covers over a multitude of sins.
    6r39 7r199

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast