Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RSA Lattice Server moving to NFS@Home and shutting down

Past Admin

Re: RSA Lattice Server moving to NFS@Home and shutting down

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Some of my systems over-cached. I got the root identified and corrected, so there should be WU's available. You can always go to the Server Status page which even has a nice graph showing how many WU's are available. Pretty accurate from what I've seen. At the moment it's reporting about 2,400 WU's available.

At the moment, I've got a few goals here...

0) Get myself a 1 Mil MM. (Check)
    1) Get the team a 5 Mil MM ( 300K, <2 days)
    2) Get myself a 2.5 Mil MM (900K, ~4 days)
    3) Get the team a perpetual #1 position (2.5 Mil, ~10 days)
    4) Get myself a #1 perpetual position (3.2 Mil, ~13 days)
    5) Get myself a 5 Mil MM (3.4 Mil, ~14 days)
    6) Get the team a 10 Mil MM (5.3 Mil, ~20 days)

Obviously all these estimates are presuming the work holds out and is consistently available.

Right now, I'll be happy to see the team get that 5 Mil. Anything beyond that is icing.
    With a little help we may be able to knock a few days off those estimates. Let's go get'um guys.

Gold Member

From the graphs (thanks Duke), you can see that Sic is also making a push. So for, there has not been a lot of activity from SG in the last week and LAF is at a stand still. If we can keep Sic from catching up, I think we have a shot at #3 and maybe even a #2.

There are still only 7 people on our team crunching RSA (e.g. a RAC > 1.0) compared to 16 for Sic. Any chance of getting some more help? With 2,400 active members on the team, you would think we could get more than 7!
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    From the graphs (thanks Duke), you can see that Sic is also making a push. So for, there has not been a lot of activity from SG in the last week and LAF is at a stand still. If we can keep Sic from catching up, I think we have a shot at #3 and maybe even a #2.

There are still only 7 people on our team crunching RSA (e.g. a RAC > 1.0) compared to 16 for Sic. Any chance of getting some more help? With 2,400 active members on the team, you would think we could get more than 7!
    I thought we have 61 crunching for the team. Me and 6(0) of you. Man what a show of Mumps and company. The daily credit is simply unbelievable for 7 people only (only?) but well we have Mumps and company on our side.

Let us keep the crunching for some days, I am with no tasks for the moment at RSA but will be on the party while I can.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Admin

Looking at that chart I'm thinking we have a real shot a number one overall if the credits hold up. None of the other teams above us are making a move. We just passed SG and we are a 10-14 days from taking over top spot with a team effort here. Come on guys. Grab a few.

Diamond Member

I grab some tasks, now and I am on the run with you. Grab some while you can.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

#4 in the bag. It looks like we may get #3 and maybe even #2. Does this qualify for a team email to get all hands on deck? Sure be nice to end as #1 in this project which will remain forever!
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Cruncher Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Looking at that chart I'm thinking we have a real shot a number one overall if the credits hold up. None of the other teams above us are making a move. We just passed SG and we are a 10-14 days from taking over top spot with a team effort here. Come on guys. Grab a few.
    You sweet talker you. You twisted my arm to help just a bit but not with all my machines for they are resting at the moment, waiting for the need for a big push.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    With 2,400 active members on the team, you would think we could get more than 7!
    Must be riding with the glorious 7 then. Well, I have a gun but no horse, let's see what I can do. I guess one of the farmer roles always is vacant, they get shot quite frequently. Could be it was a horse but no gun though. Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    You sweet talker you.
    Whatever he said, I think I fully agree. Great to see you around, Pete!
    Last edited by Mad Matt; 08-15-12 at 08:34 PM.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    You sweet talker you. You twisted my arm to help just a bit but not with all my machines for they are resting at the moment, waiting for the need for a big push.
    CP!!!! Awesome and thank you.

Silver Member

Maybe this is the wrong place . . . . but why does an 8 core Intel i7 on 7.0.28 have half the RSA Lattice Seiver cpu output of a 6 core AMD on 6.10.34? Both machines started work at the same time. I had to remove 7.0.28 from another machine and reinstall 6.10.34 because RSA Lattice Seiver had locked up for 24 hours. GPUGRID seems to only run on the GTX 670 using 7.0.28.

Attachment 1078
    If this is the wrong place for this question, I assume someone will move it to a more appropriate location. Sorry.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast