Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to my teammates

Farewell to my teammates

My how time flies by.
    It’s been a long haul and for the most part a good run but a few weeks shy of my 7th anniversary with the team it is time for me to move on. In the time I have been with SETI.USA I have tried to be a good teammate and worked to help make the team successful. Since joining this team I can proudly say that every single cobblestone I have earned on every project has gone into the team’s coffers without exception. I also served as team Admin for a time and would hope those who were members during that period would think my efforts benefited the team and my administration of our boards was done in an admirable and impartial manner. It was a privilege to serve and help the team grow during its early years, thinking back I still find what we accomplished back then amazing. I have given this a lot of thought and consideration in the past few days but do to certain recent “events” I honestly feel I no longer “fit” here. So it is with sadness and some disappointment I feel I need to move on.

During my time with the team I have made many friends. Many times in the past others have left without a word or goodbye, I could not do this out of respect for the friends I still have here at SETI.USA.

I wish my teammates and SETI.USA success and hope the recent change to an International team brings the revitalized success it is trying to achieve.

I’m sure I will stop in once and a while and expect to see some of you on the great interweb. Not sure where I’ll finally end up but if you want to chat once and a while I shouldn’t be hard to find.

As this is my farewell thread I would request that those who wish to start controversy or feel the need to vent accusations or make hateful remarks please do so in another thread. Thank you.

Best Regards…
    Bob

CRUNCH ON!

GregK

Re: Farewell to my teammates

bye bob.
    Last edited by GregK; 09-01-12 at 06:25 PM.

Diamond Member

That you can find what you are looking for, is my wish but mainly peace in your life and your heart.

Ric
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Silver Member

Shame, we barely got to know each other!

Sad to see you leave, but a man has to do what a man got to do once in a while and find new adventures and experiences...
    I hope they will be pleasant ones!

See you around, I suppose...
    CH
    "Everything will be great at the end! And if it is not great, it is not yet the end!" "Do not ever strive for perfection! Strive for excellence instead!"
    "Sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or even a single one!" "Infinite diversity in infinite combinations"

Past Admin

I am sad to see you go. You are welcome here whenever you wish to return even if it's to visit every now and then. Thank you again for all you have done for this team.
    Mike G.

Past Admin

Oh man..!

I can understand your reasons. It has been a hard road to travel for us old-timers. We can remember how the team WAS. But we must also look ahead, and not live in the past.

DrBob: Thanks for being such a great team-mate over the last 6.5 years (my #7 coming up in 4 months) Please don´t be a stranger, and let me know where you end up.
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28´th December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Sorry for missing the chance to learn to know you, Bob. And sorry to see you leaving in worry and grief, but I hope you also see those being around with you for a long time are grateful for the work you have done. Thank you and all the best.

Hey DrBob, you were one of the first to welcome me when I joined this team back in the day. Sorry to see you go, please do stop by and visit, also let us know where you end up. Remember you are always welcome here if/when you miss us.

Past Administrator

Dr. Bob, a very sad day for our team. You have been an appreciated member of this team longer than anyone else that I personally know. Of course I wish I would never have to say this to any team member ever, or see anyone go, but I do wish you safe travels in BOINC Land, and I really do hope you find a perfect team for you to be on now. I hope your are warmly welcomed wherever you go, and please know there is always a place here for you should you ever decide to return and join us once again. Thank you for your enormous efforts in the earlier years of holding this team together and for the constant dedication to Team SETI.USA for more years than most of have even been crunching!
    Sincerely your friend,
    Jed

Silver Member

Sad to see you go. Good luck in all things.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast