Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OProject: optimized and non-cpu apps added

Past Admin

Re: OProject: optimized and non-cpu apps added

Quote Originally Posted by artemis8 View Post
    I made an account, hasn't downloaded any wus yet, but sure it will eventually. Thanks.
    Same here waiting for the love/wu's.

Silver Member

One of my rigs just got some of the ALX wus and they are taking up an entire CPU not running in the background like Free Hal. Am I missing something here?

Diamond Member

It used to be that non-CPU tasks could not be run from the same project as CPU tasks. So if you wanted to run both, you have to have two different project URLs. DA added a feature to the BOINC server to allow both to run from a single project site. This is the first project to try out the new code, and it has not been working right. First, it issued 100 per host, which is not what the project admin wanted, or was expected behavior. So he has been working with DA to get it fixed. DA modifies code, admin implements it on the project, etc, etc. It may be a while until it is working properly.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    It used to be that non-CPU tasks could not be run from the same project as CPU tasks. So if you wanted to run both, you have to have two different project URLs. DA added a feature to the BOINC server to allow both to run from a single project site. This is the first project to try out the new code, and it has not been working right. First, it issued 100 per host, which is not what the project admin wanted, or was expected behavior. So he has been working with DA to get it fixed. DA modifies code, admin implements it on the project, etc, etc. It may be a while until it is working properly.
    Thanks Z! Just thought I might have missed a setting or just plain misread the posts. Wouldn't be the first time either.

Diamond Member

This thread needs to be moved to the project sub-forum.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12