Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat issue

Silver Member

Heat issue

Got my 560ti 2 win last night and installed it underneath my 560ti 448 core and let em rip. However the 560ti 448 quickly shut down from high heat. I am guessing there is not enough room between the cards. Just my luck.

And I started getting a USB over current on during start up so I gave up for the night. It restarted fine this morning with my original gpus on board so I think I just need to figure out why it is overheating.

Asus KGPE16 mobo.

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.

Past Administrator

Re: Heat issue

Are you using Catalyst Control Center to manage fan speeds? If so then open CCC and uncheck automatic fan control. Then adjust the slider to increase fan speed to at least 50%. If you don't mind the noise set it higher.

Also, does your case have good airflow? like multiple intake and exhaust fans that are 120mm or larger?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Are you using Catalyst Control Center to manage fan speeds? If so then open CCC and uncheck automatic fan control. Then adjust the slider to increase fan speed to at least 50%. If you don't mind the noise set it higher.

Also, does your case have good airflow? like multiple intake and exhaust fans that are 120mm or larger?
    Haf X Full Tower case. I will check the settings but it seemed like the fans on both cards ramped up high and the card just got to hot after a minute or two.

Platinum Member

Can't seem to find a pic of a KGPE16 mobo, but i can tell you if there isn't a gap between those 2 cards that's at least an empty slot wide, you'll be suffocating one

Might need to pick up one of F$'s PCIe x16 ribbons and locate one of the cards elsewhere

Diamond Member

Try kgpe d16 mobo and you will get this pictures.

or go to http://www.asus.com/Server_Workstati...oards/KGPED16/ the Asus URL for that card.

And to buy or have more detailed information you can go https://www.osg.pt/produto/MOTASU041

I hope this can help you John P. Myers.

You know that pictures are with me.

Joking Duke
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

Sorry the previous link is for Europe for the USA is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131643

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Administrator

Thx Duke.

So with you having a HAF-X means plenty of space and air. And from the pic Duke posted it is definitely the spacing between the cards as JPM mentioned.

And the cable he referred to is from the post (Here).

The big problem is that the HAF-X does not have an offset mount for a PCI/PCIe card so you would have to fabricate your own mounting solution......

Edit: 1st look at MB I thought only the Blue slots were PCIe. Since that is wrong try moving the twin to the top (white) slot and the 560ti to a slot that will give you a 1 inch or better space between cards.
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 09-06-12 at 08:19 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Thx Duke.

So with you having a HAF-X means plenty of space and air. And from the pic Duke posted it is definitely the spacing between the cards as JPM mentioned.

And the cable he referred to is from the post (Here).

The big problem is that the HAF-X does not have an offset mount for a PCI/PCIe card so you would have to fabricate your own mounting solution......

Edit: 1st look at MB I thought only the Blue slots were PCIe. Since that is wrong try moving the twin to the top (white) slot and the 560ti to a slot that will give you a 1 inch or better space between cards.
    The Ram is in the way. Any offset ideas would be great. I am ordering a pcie extender. And will hang the single gpu somewhere somehow...

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkarl1 View Post
    The Ram is in the way. Any offset ideas would be great. I am ordering a pcie extender. And will hang the single gpu somewhere somehow...
    OK. I'll see if I can work up an idea or two. Hopefully I can figure out a simple solution. Since for the most part you won't need to attach a monitor to the card, more options are available.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkarl1 View Post
    So, does the RAM block using both the white and blue sockets? Or can you use the blue one closest to the CPU's and the white one furthest away? (No, not the PCI, the further PCIe white slot.) At least in one blue, one white, that might net you at least one slot spacing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast