Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: talk me out of this build

Platinum Member

Re: talk me out of this build

Build #3 would get you more credits/day just because of the additional GPU space. Or picking up another Big Bang Marshal and some of F$'s PCIe extension ribbons and the Cosmos II, though it prevents using a hex-core CPU.

Or the EVGA SR-X board. Dual Xeons that you can overclock with 7 PCIe slots.

I can only imagine the puddle of drool you must be sitting in right now

Past Administrator

Not to rain on your build Z but I'm not happy with Corsair atm. The fan controller on my H100 failed within 15 minutes of its first use. And it fried the fans that came with it along with my 2 Akasa 140mm fans

Submitted RMA via Corsair's website but did not get a response until I called their 1-888 #. So this will be my last Corsair product me thinks as they will not replace my Akasa fans.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Not to rain on your build Z but I'm not happy with Corsair atm. The fan controller on my H100 failed within 15 minutes of its first use. And it fried the fans that came with it along with my 2 Akasa 140mm fans

Submitted RMA via Corsair's website but did not get a response until I called their 1-888 #. So this will be my last Corsair product me thinks as they will not replace my Akasa fans.
    That sucks big time. I have had no problems with my H100 *crosses fingers* a fine product so far. However the 2nd most important thing to me is costumer service so if they don't do right by you that is a black eye on the company in my book.

Past Administrator

Update:

On Thursday I received the H100 replacement. This one works as advertized. Did not need to do a firmware reset and it didn't fry. With the CPU munching on 5 SIMAP threads plus Donate, Dirt & WUProp the CPU hovers between 55~57C. Which is definitely better the the H50 could do. Still I am going to send the Corsair CEO a nastygram since customer support wouldn't even acknowledge my complaint about the first H100 frying my Akasa fans... Not that he will do anything but just to know he knows my ire, works for me.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12