Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NVIDA 680 v 670

Re: NVIDA 680 v 670

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    Mad Matt,

Despite we all are here as a hobby we need to have an environment concern, at least a tine one...lol

John P. Myers,

GFLOPS/watt is more accurate than my ratio but we can go even further, there's must be an even accurate way to measure the work done, maybe number of work units done per energy consumed per day. Of course these calculations must be taking in care for the project you will be concentrating on.

Carlos
    +1 +1 Carlos.

It's a heckload of work, I did some of those calculations regarding POEM vs other projects. And I found a pretty clear result (for now). Will see how long this will last as chips and apps progress.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
    +1 +1 Carlos.

It's a heckload of work, I did some of those calculations regarding POEM vs other projects. And I found a pretty clear result (for now). Will see how long this will last as chips and apps progress.
    OT: Carlos, any plans on a GPU version for NFS@home?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    OT: Carlos, any plans on a GPU version for NFS@home?
    For the sieve stage I don't think so. The algorithm is very difficult, people of mersenneforum.org can't even port the code to windows 64 bits. If I had the skills I would help but I don't have it. Also there's the memory issue, memory requirements grow roughly with the square root of the sieving time. A paper to read.

For the polynomial stage there's already one. The same client that does the post-processing stage can take advantage of the GPU for the polynomial search. If you look at NFS@Home details/status when you have a number that it is SNFS then no polynomial search is needed, if GNFS then msieve is used to search for the best polynomial.
    Last edited by pinhodecarlos; 10-01-12 at 04:28 AM.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    For the sieve stage I don't think so. The algorithm is very difficult, people of mersenneforum.org can't even port the code to windows 64 bits. If I had the skills I would help but I don't have it. Also there's the memory issue, memory requirements grow roughly with the square root of the sieving time. A paper to read.

For the polynomial stage there's already one. The same client that does the post-processing stage can take advantage of the GPU for the polynomial search. If you look at NFS@Home details/status when you have a number that it is SNFS then no polynomial search is needed, if GNFS then msieve is used to search for the best polynomial.
    Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123