Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Greeting from a member of Team China

Xuyongchen

Re: Greeting from a member of Team China

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadormrac View Post
    OK, I think an account is created, but it seems that whenever I go to translate, it refreshes to a default page without me logged in or something, as upon logging in I get to a non-translated page. I'm guessing I need a better translator or something, which can work seemlessly, and translate every page automatically, while maintaining whatever browser session I'm in.

I tried in Firefox also but it just hangs on "transfering data" but never seems to get, IE 9 (well at least the win64 variant of it) shows the above...

Edit: OK, it looks like if I do that from the main page, and translate while logged in, I get a page without me logged in; but if I click one of the links and translate from there, I do then see the page I'm on. Not sure how to explain that one, but should be possible to get around, will just have to point and click a bit blindly to find my way to this or that section, then carry on from there...

Further edit: I'm running into

if I try to post a hello message or what have you. I was able to get on translation

Best I could get following the links and translating what would translate without sending me back to a login page as seen above, is that I'm registered in the visitor's group or something, and hence have no posting permissions? Not sure if there's something I need to do...

Yes, I think you need to upload your profile picture first...I feel sorry that our forum doesn't have an English hint about that. I talked with ledled who is the administrator about this problem. We will discuss this more today. I think in several days this questions could be solved. We will make a introduction about how to register in our forum here before tomorrow, I think.
    We will upgrade our English sections as soon as possible.
    I will try to solve your problem first. I think you can post before tomorrow.
    Last edited by Xuyongchen; 09-29-12 at 03:23 AM.

Cruncher Pete
    Last edited by Unregistered; 07-17-14 at 07:53 PM. Reason: ywVpNEcmYJLp

Xuyongchen

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadormrac View Post
    OK, I think an account is created, but it seems that whenever I go to translate, it refreshes to a default page without me logged in or something, as upon logging in I get to a non-translated page. I'm guessing I need a better translator or something, which can work seemlessly, and translate every page automatically, while maintaining whatever browser session I'm in.

I tried in Firefox also but it just hangs on "transfering data" but never seems to get, IE 9 (well at least the win64 variant of it) shows the above...

Edit: OK, it looks like if I do that from the main page, and translate while logged in, I get a page without me logged in; but if I click one of the links and translate from there, I do then see the page I'm on. Not sure how to explain that one, but should be possible to get around, will just have to point and click a bit blindly to find my way to this or that section, then carry on from there...

Further edit: I'm running into

if I try to post a hello message or what have you. I was able to get on translation

Best I could get following the links and translating what would translate without sending me back to a login page as seen above, is that I'm registered in the visitor's group or something, and hence have no posting permissions? Not sure if there's something I need to do...

You can post now We temporarily changed your status there.
    We are still adjusting our forum to make it easier for members from SETI.USA, Musketeers as well as other teams to visit us. Hope it won't take a long time.
    Anyway, thank you for visiting and hope you enjoy our forum!

Xuyongchen

Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    You are a good Ambassador XU..
    Thx~

We will have some more people who can usually come here. If anyone in your team have questions about our forum, feel free to ask any of them
    We are preparing a sub section for Team SETI.USA. Also a sub section for Team Musketeers. I think Mike029 and Jose could be administrators in these sections. However, we are still preparing. Any news, I will post here If you are glad about that, could you provide us a small logo of Team SETI.USA? We could use the small logo to make it easier for members in SETI.USA to find that section.
    Oh, BTW,I think ledled in our forum is preparing English introduction for register process. I am not sure when he will finish it since he is offline now. I think this will be done within a day.
    Last edited by Xuyongchen; 09-29-12 at 06:18 AM.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Xuyongchen View Post
    Thx~

We will have some more people who can usually come here. If anyone in your team have questions about our forum, feel free to ask any of them
    We are preparing a sub section for Team SETI.USA. Also a sub section for Team Musketeers. I think Mike029 and Jose could be administrators in these sections. However, we are still preparing. Any news, I will post here If you are glad about that, could you provide us a small logo of Team SETI.USA? We could use the small logo to make it easier for members in SETI.USA to find that section.
    Oh, BTW,I think ledled in our forum is preparing English introduction for register process. I am not sure when he will finish it since he is offline now. I think this will be done within a day.
    Someone have the Eagle with the shades or can shrink the one we use for the forums?

Nuadormrac

Thanks, it helped to have the initial dialog box give some hints. I think I'm gonna need to find the link to an avatar or something, looking to see what forums I've uploaded to, present a url for linking... Hopefully this is acceptable, as if they mean a real pic of one's self, I haven't had my picture taken in like a decade or so, and moved several times (including cross country), so a lot got lost along the way. The biggest move was from Albuquerque, NM to here in Jersey in 2008, and being as sudden as it was, I drove. Some things like furniture and what have you, just isn't very economical to pay movers for 2,300 miles, so just brought what fit in my car, and started again, etc...

Xuyongchen

Sometimes it's a tough work to move to other places. I helped a professor move last month. So many things and we spent a lot of time on doing that

This profile picture can be any pictures. Photo of yourself, pictures you find somewhere. Feel free to upload a picture you like.

Nuadormrac

k, good...

And yeah, as my mother was in the hospital then and there, the move was on very short notice. I planned to at the end of the month, having had a job lined up here (which soon fell into layoffs after Dec 08), but with the news that was comming everything got bumped up. Very hectic going over 2k miles on short notice, with a family emergency looming, etc.

I didn't even have time to sell some of the furniture and stuff, and collect the cash I coulda used, was just no time

I could not find time to stop by at your forums yet, but I am joining with my little bit of pending credits on Dirt.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast