Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Administrator

Re: What are you reading?

I'm reading "Linux for Dummies"

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, United States, Dec. 30 - A two year old accidentally shot his mother in an American supermarket, with a gun pulled of her suitcase, said police.

The incident happened at a store in Hayden, in the state of Idaho, in which the woman was shopping with her son and other family members.

"When the authorities arrived on the scene, they found the victim of 29years was already dead," said Sheriff Kootenai, Ben Wolfinger.

The sheriff added that "the son of the victim was sitting in the shopping cart, removed the gun of the mother suitcase and fired, targeting the victim."
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

So never go shopping with you kids.

Platinum Member

Or, with a handgun in your purse with the safety off... Yet another tragedy created by people with poor gun handling skills together with their children...

Gold Member

That's the issue on having on United States Constitution the right to possess arms.

Gold Member

the Constitution doesn't say anything about being stupid. I find it hard to think that someone that has a CC permit is so spaced out that they don't notice someone getting into their purse and taking out a gun. they should be shot. this whole story sounds made up to me.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Diamond Member

It is very difficult for any European to understand why the United States see the use of weapons as a freedom issue.

I can understand now, after some years, why Americans see the use of guns as a freedom issue but I have some years of advance in here.

The problem is when other things are ahead of our freedom, guns can cost some lives and that is not good but freedom can cost much more.

The real problem is to give guns to people that are not prepared, just think if we could sell a car without breaks or that a 2 years child could drive ...

I am against all of these, the guns that can be fired for a very young child as the ones that are owned by true idiots, we need to have better protection on weapons to keep them or soon we will lose the right to them.

But that is a real difficult issue to discuss, I would never consider freedom as a thing to discuss on a forum or a chat, my english would never be good enough for it anyway and I can write some average english, dont you think?
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    this whole story sounds made up to me.
    Nope, STORY

Administrator

Duke, in 1942 the Japanese were planning to attack Pearl Harbor, destroy our Pacific Naval Fleet, and begin WWII against the US. Admiral Yamamoto, who had attended college in the US, planned and executed the attack. During the planning there were many in the Japanese military that wanted to then invade the western United States after our navy was crippled.

Yamamoto, knowing the US people, said; "Invading the US is impossible because behind every tree there would be an American with a gun!" Duke, THAT is Freedom.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Nope, STORY
    yea I have read it, but something is still fishy. a 2 year old, must be a big one. not very many 2 year olds would have the strength or a large enough hand to hold a gun, even a small 380. I just think there is something more to this story.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast