Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Donate@Home Uber Fail

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Donate@Home Uber Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Not at the moment....

If you have a high OC maybe back it/them down 25~50 Mhz? I have noticed on at least one box that a reboot fixes some of the Donate issues.
    My Video Cards aren't Overclocked at all, I've been running them at their Stock Speeds for awhile now. But on the 2 7970 Box's I've tried to run the Donate the Wu's hang after a bit. Right now I started another Donate Wu & it's showing 10 Min's run time & 32% done, the Wu should be completely done by now. I can't get the app_config.xml file to work either. The BOINC MGR say's it found a app_config file for the Donate Project but it's not doing anything ??? The Wu is at 12 Min's now & 50% done ... weird

I know the last time I tried to run the Donate Project on my NVIDIA cards 580's & 570's it was taking forever to run the Wu's while others were showing much faster times, it's like I'm missing out on something but I don't have a clue what it might be ... Oh well the Video Cards needed more rest time anyway zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-02-13 at 04:51 PM.

Cruncher Pete

Ste\/e, I am not much help but for what its worth, I gave up on Donate months ago for the same thing was happening to me and my 7970's. I could not bother baby sitting the machines, I have other things to do. Looks like they still have not been able to fix the problem.

Diamond Member

Ditto. I had the problem with tasks hanging on ATI. I got my 100M and moved on.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

I had one myself this morning, so I did what was said to do and suspend it until the next has started. Then I resumed the WU and when the machine came back to the waiting WU finished it.
    BOINC Sees it - BOINC DOES it!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmanley57 View Post
    I had one myself this morning, so I did what was said to do and suspend it until the next has started. Then I resumed the WU and when the machine came back to the waiting WU finished it.
    It could be that annoying problem windows sometimes has with driver resets. The driver restarts but the task that was running at the time doesn't.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

I have a regedit file that address this issue that I applied to all my machines. It's very simple and safe to use and won't effect anything if it's not the issue with Donate. I can post it with instructions if anyone is interested.

There is a discussion about it over on the XtremeSystems forums. Scroll down to post #13

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...tchdog+reg+fix

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Friend of SETI.USA

Right now I have the Wu's running faster & at the Times they should be for Stock GPU Running Speeds, I had to use the cc_config file to restrict the CPU Usage to 7 Threads leaving 1 Thread open for the 1 Donate Wu running. For some reason the Donate Wu won't take it's share of the CPU & thus running much longer than it should. Using a app_info or app_config file does nothing either, won't even run 2 Wu's like it's specified to do so in the app files. I'll have to leave them run for awhile to see if they hang or not.

I also Detached the Voplex Project from the 2 Box's I'm running Donate on. I noticed the Voplex Project was taking forever to update it's self & I was getting a lot of error's on the Donate Wu's. I suspected that the Donate Project couldn't connect to the Server & while the Voplex Project was trying to update & why I was getting the errors on the Donate Wu's anyhoot I haven't had any errors since Detaching the Voplex Project from those 2 Box's ...

NOTE: Just noticed the Donate Wu's were hung on both Box's so that problem still persists ... ... Back to the Drawing Board ...

Friend of SETI.USA

Guess I'll have to give up on the Project for now anyway, I did the Registry thing & got the app_config file to work so I was running 2 Wu's at a time. I ran 2 set's of 2 Wu's so I left for Town, when I got back both Wu's were stuck for the last 2.5 Hr's, just about the amount of time I was gone ...

Past Administrator

Yeah, I guess the Donate people aren't too interested in expending energy to fix the 7xxx series problem. Funny how they went so lax after they got their assistant funded..... sad sad sad

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Yeah, I guess the Donate people aren't too interested in expending energy to fix the 7xxx series problem. Funny how they went so lax after they got their assistant funded..... sad sad sad
    Well for me it's not only the ATI Cards, I just ran a Wu on 1 of my GTX 580's and it took 34 Min's to run, I don't thin that's a normal run time ??? I was giving it 1 CPU Core too but I'm running in HT Mode too so maybe that's the reason for the slow run time ???

Silver Member

Well I will see if the registry additions fix my ATI card hangs, only machine I have with one currently. The NVidia cards in the other two machines worked fine last time I ran Donate WU's on them.
    BOINC Sees it - BOINC DOES it!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast