Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donate@Home Uber Fail

Past Administrator

Re: Donate@Home Uber Fail

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Well for me it's not only the ATI Cards, I just ran a Wu on 1 of my GTX 580's and it took 34 Min's to run, I don't thin that's a normal run time ??? I was giving it 1 CPU Core too but I'm running in HT Mode too so maybe that's the reason for the slow run time ???
    I'm not positive but that sounds about right. ATI cards are much faster at Bitcoin mining, which is what the Donate wrapper is doing.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Dagnabbit!!! Donate is on the fritz AGAIN......

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Dagnabbit!!! Donate is on the fritz AGAIN......
    I tried 2. The last hung, which is an improvement because it usually causes a reboot or blue screen.
    Edit - I actually got through 7 the 8th hung.
    Last edited by Al; 01-04-13 at 08:31 AM.

Past Administrator

Looks like its working properly..... FTM

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Looks like its working properly..... FTM
    I'm getting work to 6 Box's but the Babysitting is terrible, about 1 out of 3 Wu's will hang & I have to suspend then resume to get the Wu to finish. I'd really like to get to 250 Million at the Project but it'll be slow fer sure ...

Past Administrator

I'm getting work to 6 Box's but the Babysitting is terrible, about 1 out of 3 Wu's will hang & I have to suspend then resume to get the Wu to finish. I'd really like to get to 250 Million at the Project but it'll be slow fer sure ...
    If you use BoincTasks (BT) to manage your boxes then there is a way to make the systems babysit themselves. The only caveat with my solution is that it only works on the local machine. So you have to set this up on each box with BT.

I set BT to run a batch file from the BT Rules section when a Donate tasks exceeds x amount of time where x is equal to average runtime + 5 minutes.

Here is a sample of my batch file Donate_Fix.bat Note: Edit directory paths to match location of boinccmd.exe

Code:
    :@ECHO OFF

CLS

:BEGIN
    C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ nomorework

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ suspend

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 10

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ reset

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 15

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ resume

CHOICE /N /D Y /T 5

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ allowmorework

C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\BOINC\boinccmd --project http://donateathome.org/ update

:END

Exit
    To create a rule in BT goto main menu and click Extra > BoincTasks Settings. In the pop-up window click the Rules tab.

(Click to enlarge)

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

Okay I'll have to give that a try in a few days, a little to late today to mess with it & I Have to be in the Hospital by 5:30am tomorrow morning for a Kidney Blast lol it's to try & break up a stone that's to big to pass should it start to move. If it isn't one thing it's another, not sure how I'll feel after the Kidney Blast so it may be Tues before I'll try it out, Thanks ...

Friend of SETI.USA

F$, does the .bat file go in the same Directory where the Projects Directory is or the Directory where the boinccmd.exe is ??? Thanks, gonna give it a try since I don't feel to bad from the Kidney Treatment ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-07-13 at 03:06 PM.

Silver Member

Well the registry additions did not fix my Donate hangs either. So I guess I will try your batch file and see what it does, though I did have to change it to "C:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC". Since that is where My Boinc program was installed.
    BOINC Sees it - BOINC DOES it!

Past Administrator

F$, does the .bat file go in the same Directory where the Projects Directory is or the Directory where the boinccmd.exe is ??? Thanks, gonna give it a try since I don't feel to bad from the Kidney Treatment ...
    Hey Ste\/e,

Glad to hear the blast didn't mess with the rest of you...

The /bat file can go anywhere you want. I would suggest creating a subfolder in the BOINC directory. This way if you upgrade BOINC, it hopefully won't get deleted. For me, since I use a lot of batch files I just gave them their own root level folder in a different HDD partition so they won't get lost or deleted.

Just remember to point the BoincTask rule to wherever you end up putting the .bat file

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast