Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Donate@Home Uber Fail

Past Administrator

Re: Donate@Home Uber Fail

B4 you throw in the towel....

It sounds like Choice is not working. Open a command prompt, type choice /? and press enter. It should display the choice help message with all the options available.

If that works then open the .bat file and delete the very first line :@ECHO OFF. Now go to the last line and change the word Exit to Pause and then save the .bat file. Now double click the .bat file to run it.

This edit of the .bat file will allow you to see what it is doing.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post

It sounds like Choice is not working. Open a command prompt, type choice /? and press enter. It should display the choice help message with all the options available.

If that works then open the .bat file and delete the very first line :@ECHO OFF. Now go to the last line and change the word Exit to Pause and then save the .bat file. Now double click the .bat file to run it.

Yeha, that was that Swiss knife that I cut myself with. It seems I am not the only one.

I never could understand that thing but I can program in COBOL, ancient things for an ancient guy.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Friend of SETI.USA

I may have found the problem & am trying it again, I was up making the changes as you were posting that. I looked at the .bat file & I had the wrong Path/Directory for the boinccmd.exe, I changed it to the proper Path & will see what happens when a Wu Hangs. If it works okay I'll set up a couple more Box's but for now have them chewing on the WCG ATI Wu's ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-31-13 at 03:04 PM.

Past Administrator

Sounds good to me Ste\/e.

Btw, for anyone that used to run Donate but stopped because of their server not talking to the wu's, it looks like they found a workaround. Probably using some kind of script to monitor network communications and reset server/network when problems are detected. Basically that end of the project works now, so all you need is set up the reset rule and associated .bat file and you are golden!

@Steve: Could you plz post your Donate app_info.xml file ? I want to try doubling up on my xx70's.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

I use a app_config.xml file but you can try & change it to app_info.xml:

<app_config>
    <app>
    <name>test</name>
    <gpu_versions>
    <gpu_usage>.5</gpu_usage>
    <cpu_usage>.5</cpu_usage>
    </gpu_versions>
    <max_concurrent>2</max_concurrent>
    </app>
    </app_config>

Past Administrator

Thx Ste\/e.

Question: Have you noticed issues with any projects using BOINC 7.0.4x? If not then I'll just go that route and run the app_config.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

Thx Ste\/e.

Question: Have you noticed issues with any projects using BOINC 7.0.4x? If not then I'll just go that route and run the app_config.
    I haven't really had any problems other than you get the "This Project is not the Highest Priority" Message. I just ignore it & work will Download on the 2'nd or 3'rd try, I haven't run out of work yet & I'm running 7.0.42 & 7.0.44 on all 18 of my Box's ...

I usually run all my Projects at 100 Resource Share, so each Project is not the Highest but it's the same as the others so I get work for any Project that way ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-31-13 at 04:51 PM.

Friend of SETI.USA

Haven't had any Wu's hang yet so don't know if the .bat files is working or not, I'll let it run over night & can check the BoincTasks History file in the morn to see if any Hung & got restarted by the .bat file. They should show up as short run Wu's that completed ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-31-13 at 06:53 PM.

Friend of SETI.USA

Well that didn't work either, woke up this morning with both Wu's Hung & running yet. One was at 6 Hr's the other at 25 Min's so it just hung ... So now the Problem appears to be that the .bat file won't stop the Wu when it should at 21 Min's ...

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I use a app_config.xml file but you can try & change it to app_info.xml:

<app_config>
    <app>
    <name>test</name>
    <gpu_versions>
    <gpu_usage>.5</gpu_usage>
    <cpu_usage>.5</cpu_usage>
    </gpu_versions>
    <max_concurrent>2</max_concurrent>
    </app>
    </app_config>
    I tried that app and gain sometime because I had a better use of CPU and GPU. 54 minutes for 2 WUs so 27 minutes each, very good for my GPU, I was doing must worst before. Thanks STE\/E.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast