Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I reading this right?

Past Administrator

Am I reading this right?

I just looked at the stats on PG's home page. Am I reading this right? Did S.G. really pull down 21.5 Mil yesterday on PG alone?
    Makes me wonder what we'll be able to crank out when we pull everything off MW, Collatz, DNETC and other projects to fire away at PG for the challenge. Also makes me wonder if they're already close to full-out at PG to see how much they can do, or how much extra they'll be able to bring on board for the challenge.

Past Admin

Re: Am I reading this right?

Well this is going to be fun.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I just looked at the stats on PG's home page. Am I reading this right? Did S.G. really pull down 21.5 Mil yesterday on PG alone?
    Makes me wonder what we'll be able to crank out when we pull everything off MW, Collatz, DNETC and other projects to fire away at PG for the challenge. Also makes me wonder if they're already close to full-out at PG to see how much they can do, or how much extra they'll be able to bring on board for the challenge.
    I hope everyone on our side has already run test apps to make sure everything is ready to go.

I've been tweaking my clocks a little this afternoon. So far, doesn't seem to be making any difference. I may continue to tweek until I find the breaking point.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

ill have my new Power supply today for my 2nd rig that is down.. even with that I can only pull about 400k a day on Primegrid..

Going to need some Amazing GPU power to contend with this round.. its going to be brutal

Past Administrator

I'm just glad Hankey is already locked into the #1 slot!

Harley

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I hope everyone on our side has already run test apps to make sure everything is ready to go.

I've been tweaking my clocks a little this afternoon. So far, doesn't seem to be making any difference. I may continue to tweek until I find the breaking point.

Since MW is down today I did another test run on PG. Still no luck. Only 1 of 4 gpu's is returning valid results.

Past Administrator

Any idea what's causing the errors? Maybe there is still enough time for them to fix something before the challenge. If it's happening to you, it's probably happening to others too...did you try a message at the PG Forums? Just a thought...

Harley

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Any idea what's causing the errors? Maybe there is still enough time for them to fix something before the challenge. If it's happening to you, it's probably happening to others too...did you try a message at the PG Forums? Just a thought...

Just removed all the drivers with driver sweeper and installed the new CCC 10.12. Now I'm running a few more tasks. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Since MW is down today I did another test run on PG. Still no luck. Only 1 of 4 gpu's is returning valid results.
    I'm doing a little better - 11 valid, 8 invalid on my dual 5970 box. Not sure what's going on - PG doesn't have any info from the stderr file on their site.

Gold Member

I don't think it will matter when the race starts that we have more CPUs. The GPUs are going to kill us. The top person right now is getting over 6 million credits per day all by himself. How? 27 GPUs. CPUs just aren't going to cut it in this race.

On the up side, he does have several ATI boxes running and they all look to be using CAL driver "1.4.838". If we can figure out exactly which CCC driver version that is, we may be able to get our ATI cards working. If not, I think we are going to look like the Chicago Bears did this weekend against the Patriots - and for those who are not football fans, let's just say it wasn't pretty.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast