Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POEM: nvidia app_info.xml suddenly not working

Silver Member

Re: POEM: nvidia app_info.xml suddenly not working

well then i guess my issue is still the scheduler issue i had from before.. For some reason it hates my setup and refused to get more then 5 poem wu at a time and take forever to decide to download more im sure this is due to cash of simap wu i have... Soon as simap is over ill try that beta one someone mentioned hopefully that will fix it.

Diamond Member

Thanks. I think my problem is the stupid back-off logic of BOINC. No work, and each back-off request gets longer and longer.

But if you have work, then you are regularly reporting completed tasks. So maybe they don't have work each request. But you get more frequent requests, if it accompanies reporting completed tasks.

If you have work, you get work. If you don't you don't.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

The work is not much but I have always enough of it.

I noticed that sometimes the upload doesn't happen at once and takes sometime, at first I thought maybe it was a problem with internet connection, now I am starting to think maybe is a problem with the space available (on disk) as they are producing more tasks they ever imagined. But about this I am not sure maybe I am having in fact some problems with my internet connection.

Anyway till now I never had less than 300 tasks available.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Silver Member

I have been getting inconsistent numbers of wu's and not enough to keep my gpu busy. I am running something else until it gets sorted out...

Past Administrator

Not sure what I'm doing different but so far I have not noticed any wu supply issues. I currently have 37 in cache on the one system crunching POEM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    No one else getting this?

Code:
    52133	Poem@Home	11/5/2012 6:30:10 AM	Message from server: Your app_info.xml file doesn't have a usable version of POEM++.
    I have changed nothing. I checked the app page @ PEOM, and they are still listing the same old apps. Nothing changed there.
    As near as I have been able to figure out this message is ignorable. I think it means there is no section for CPU crunching, but I could easily be wrong. I have had that message ever since I strted using the app_info.xml for GPU crunching. The only time I ran into trouble was when it added OpenCL text to the end of that message.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmSti View Post
    As near as I have been able to figure out this message is ignorable. I think it means there is no section for CPU crunching, but I could easily be wrong. I have had that message ever since I strted using the app_info.xml for GPU crunching. The only time I ran into trouble was when it added OpenCL text to the end of that message.
    Yes I have been getting that in my event log as well. Then the shortage of wu's started. I was getting some but my gpu was running 3 or 4 instead of 6 at a time.

I am committed to running POEM long haul but will be waiting until someone sorts this out.

Silver Member

Is anyone else still having issues getting POEM work? I still have not gotten any work and even when I suspend all work on GPUs on my machine the server will not give me any work. I even reset the project.

Any ideas?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkarl1 View Post
    Is anyone else still having issues getting POEM work? I still have not gotten any work and even when I suspend all work on GPUs on my machine the server will not give me any work. I even reset the project.

Any ideas?
    What version of BM are you running? You might try detaching and then adding Poem again. Sometimes resetting doesn't do it.

Diamond Member

Maybe that is good idea Al. I have more than 4 days of work to crunch on POEM and besides punctual problems everything is going fine.
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 11-07-12 at 10:25 AM.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast