Thread: Dieter Dengler...A true american hero.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Past Admin

Dieter Dengler...A true american hero.

Hello team..

I just tonigth got to see the incredible documentary of US Navy Lt. Dieter Dengler. Born in Germany 1938, became US citizen in 1957 went to Vietnam under US flag. He got shot down in Laos in 1966, but escaped Vietcong POW camp after 5 months..

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/die...n60-042304.jpg

I must say....

I did burst out in tears. That story is so incredible. Back in my young days. (now 17 years ago) I served my country as UN soldier in former Yugoslavia...Still today I can picture the horror in my mind, as it happend yesterday. Still it can keep me awake at nigth...

Please know this:

I am so proud to be part of some american history here on this team, even though our goal is not to win a war. But it shows me so clearly what I have always admired about you: Dedication, sacrifice and the will to overcome and prevail any situation in life. I truely try to live my life still today after those pricipables, as I find them important for every mankind.

With that said...Please accept my humble invitation, should you ever come across my door. What is mine - is also yours.

Thank you for being a great team. And thank you for letting a nutty Dane be a part of that!!!
    Last edited by Beerdrinker; 12-14-10 at 04:30 PM.
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts