Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Motherboard Choice ???

Draconian

Re: Motherboard Choice ???

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    You mean people actually spend $30 for a PSU ...
    Unfortunately - yep. It's 1500 watts - so it has to be good, right?
    Damn motherboards are defective - always blowing caps.....bad voltage regulators. I have a 1500 watt PS from Big Lots, that can't be the problem....

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian View Post
    Unfortunately - yep. It's 1500 watts - so it has to be good, right?
    Damn motherboards are defective - always blowing caps.....bad voltage regulators. I have a 1500 watt PS from Big Lots, that can't be the problem....
    LMAO

+1

Draconian

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    LMAO

+1
    Glad you got a chuckle, but I see it all the time when I'm called about someone's PC. Good MB, good proc, etc - spent some money. Power it with...K-mart or whatever. Easy money for me - nice to be a consultant. Tell them their problem - and get paid. Want me to build it too - well..that's a different price.
    Best fun is when someone buys a regular PC from Wal-Mart or whatever - and crunches. Maybe...for a week...maybe. Wow, this was all on sale for $300, monitor and all. Read some stuff on a forum about how to get the most out of your rig, huh? Were they ALSO running a 200 watt PS? Nothing like seeing a customer - and being able to SMELL the problem....

Friend of SETI.USA

It's done, loading the OS in the 13'th 3770k rebuilt Box, all with $30 PSU's Wasn't to bad, only 1 DOA Motherboard & 1 DOA Refurbished Corsair H80 to deal with, coulda been a lot worse ...

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    It's done, loading the OS in the 13'th 3770k rebuilt Box, all with $30 PSU's Wasn't to bad, only 1 DOA Motherboard & 1 DOA Refurbished Corsair H80 to deal with, coulda been a lot worse ...
    Congratulations I'd ask how much your credits have improved but that would make me more jealous than i already am

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian
    Best fun is when someone buys a regular PC from Wal-Mart or whatever - and crunches. Maybe...for a week...maybe. Wow, this was all on sale for $300, monitor and all. Read some stuff on a forum about how to get the most out of your rig, huh? Were they ALSO running a 200 watt PS? Nothing like seeing a customer - and being able to SMELL the problem....
    Lucky you. Back when i used to repair computers mostly all i ever got were laptops. Dells at that. Ugh.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Congratulations I'd ask how much your credits have improved but that would make me more jealous than i already am
    Actually I've lost about 10 Million a day lol because I haven't run anything on my GPU's since I started rebuilding the Box's. It's good to get back to your roots once in awhile & forgo all the Phony GPU Credit ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910