Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dual gpu crunching

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: dual gpu crunching

Could be the Video Card Drivers haven't installed properly ... Try re-installing them again

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Could be the Video Card Drivers haven't installed properly ... Try re-installing them again
    Very good point!

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
    my computer wont let me copy and past that either! wtf! im a total noob again at this. i forgot how to do all this stuff. feel completely retarded.

Hmmmm.... OK download the attachment and rename it by changing .zip to .xml then copy it to your BOINC Data folder. If you have a cc_config file there already then select to overwrite it when prompted by Windows.

cc_config.zip

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

GregK

i did it but still only 1 wu crunching. idk i will figure it out eventually.
    Last edited by GregK; 11-22-12 at 10:43 AM.

GregK

allright! i now have a cc config xml file ! now what? says its invalid though when i try to open it.

GregK

read only box is unchecked. guess i reinstall latest driver next. this is a win7 os 64 bit

Diamond Member

The only thing I like more than being happy with my toys, is seeing someone that is very happy with their toys.

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Administrator

allright! i now have a cc config xml file ! now what? says its invalid though when i try to open it.
    You are trying to open the file I attached? If so then that won't work. You need to rename it from cc_config.zip to cc_config.xml. I just changed the the file extension as it was faster then running it through WinZip.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

check and see wether you have the option (Hide extensions for known file types) checked.

Tools - Folder Options - View - uncheck (Hide extensions for known file types)

GregK

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    check and see wether you have the option (Hide extensions for known file types) checked.

Tools - Folder Options - View - uncheck (Hide extensions for known file types)
    i need easier than that where do i find the tools folder? on my homepage there is a tools tab but no folder options. win 7 64 bit

@firestorm ok its back to .xml and i dont know what your talking about running it through winzip.. i just went to the boinc folder area and hit "new" and made a folder.

i know im an idiot but just one step at a time all i know how to do is play games and run a virus program lol i never learned beyond that.
    Last edited by GregK; 11-23-12 at 05:12 AM.

Silver Member

i need easier than that where do i find the tools folder? on my homepage there is a tools tab but no folder options. win 7 64 bit

@firestorm ok its back to .xml and i dont know what your talking about running it through winzip.. i just went to the boinc folder area and hit "new" and made a folder.

i know im an idiot but just one step at a time all i know how to do is play games and run a virus program lol i never learned beyond that.
    im sorry i probably just made things worse lol...

Capture.JPG

if you look at the boinc folder all those files should have mostly .xml at the end if you dont see that then hide extensions is checked.

Capture2.JPG

I check show hidden files****
    uncheck hide extensions****
    uncheck hide protected operating****

(once your done with the changes i would put these back the way they were to avoid the kids from deleting something by accident)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast