Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel 3770k into a X58 Motherboard ?

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Intel 3770k into a X58 Motherboard ?

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    i hope they can give you a better chip. That thing sounds like it should've been binned down a level.
    Yeah well thankfully I've only had to deal with Intel 1 time before & I see they haven't sped up their RMA Process any at all. Their about as slow as crap running uphill IMO, You contact them then wait 3-5 days for an automated response letting you know they received your e-mail & that they will get back with you in 2-3 days. So then you finally get a human response from them & all they want to know is a bunch of information about the CPU & your system.

So you give them all the info they want then wait 3-5 days for another automated response from them letting you know they received your e-mail &n they will get back with you in 2-3 days. They again want to know a bunch of Info, Rinse & Repeat is about all they like to do. The last time I had a CPU go bad about 4 years ago I think it took about 4 month's from the first time I contacted them until I finally received a new CPU back from them ...

Friend of SETI.USA

Got my RMA from Intel today for the 980X that I'm not sure is bad or not, it's running the Asteroid Wu's now @ 4.2Ghz the same as the other 980X I have. It also ran some Primaboinca Wu's the other day for some Hr's @ 4.2 Ghz soooooooooo ... Neither 980X will clock over 4.2, at least not under BOINC load so that just may be their limit under BOINC Load. I'll try some NFS on it later & see if it crash's again. I have 60 Days to send it in for a replacement so there's no hurry on it now that I have the RMA in hand ...

Friend of SETI.USA

Just sent the problem 980X out for RMA, as soon as I switched it back over to NFS & the 1Gb+ Wu's it crashed so I had enough of it. It'll probably be the week after next before I get a replacement for it with the Holidays & all ...

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Just sent the problem 980X out for RMA, as soon as I switched it back over to NFS & the 1Gb+ Wu's it crashed so I had enough of it. It'll probably be the week after next before I get a replacement for it with the Holidays & all ...
    Good Glad the headache is over for you. Now you just have to deal with an empty void for awhile

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Good Glad the headache is over for you. Now you just have to deal with an empty void for awhile
    Oh what an overwhelmingly awful feeling that is.........

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12