Thread: On December 14, 2012

Diamond Member

On December 14, 2012

On December 14, 2012, 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 children and 6 adult at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the Sandy Hook village of Newtown, Connecticut, first killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, at their nearby Newtown home.

It was the second-deadliest mass shooting in United States history, after the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre.

The overall death toll was 28, including the perpetrator that had committed suicide.

Rest In Peace

God bless everyone mourning the loss of a loved one. To be taken in such a cruel way, to lose someone so quickly, just devastating.

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Re: On December 14, 2012

The United States constitution, which was written over two hundred years ago, enshrines an individual's right to keep and bear arms. Keep going the good work!

Carlos Pinho

Diamond Member

This is not about the right of having guns. This is about some people that have access to guns and shouldn't have. This is about families destroyed and innocent children killed. A right of some of the people can not be against the people itselfe, most of all against children.

The right of having guns given on The Constitution of The United States is not given on the spirit of killing children, I am sure.

The right to have guns is given by the second amendment to the United States Constitution and is included on the bill of rights and not on the original Constitution and have is roots on the English Bill of Rights of 1689 with his first example (as a law) on the Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776 and later in the second constitutional amendment.

My right to fly is not to use the planes to destroy towers or my right to use a car is not to run over people and I am sure that the right to bear guns was not given to kill children.

There are a lot of countries with the right to bear guns on his law. This is not about bear guns right this is about killing innocent people.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    This is not about the right of having guns. This is about some people that have access to guns and shouldn't have. This is about families destroyed and innocent children killed. A right of some of the people can not be against the people itselfe, most of all against children.
    If US citizens have the right to own guns they also have to have access to them. As every thing you buy, some people deserve to own it others not, it's a cultural thing.

The right of having guns given on The Constitution of The United States is not given on the spirit of killing children, I am sure.
    Depends on the mentality of those who use it. You give to their hands something deadly for free, you are expecting what? Do you expect they will only use to kill ducks? You need to think of the worst so in my opinion owning a gun should be forbidden, period.

My right to fly is not to use the planes to destroy towers or my right to use a car is not to run over people and I am sure that the right to bear guns was not given to kill children.

There are a lot of countries with the right to bear guns on his law. This is not about bear guns right this is about killing innocent people.
    Do airfly companies give access to common people to be a pilot? The pilot has to pass an infinitive tests to be 100 % guarantee not to use the plane to kill people. About the cars I don't think people on their healthy mentally will use it to kill people. It's a cultural and dimension thing.

Ricardo, ask here to Americans if they never though to own guns, ask them if they agree with the Constitution. 90 % will answer, yes I want to have a gun, and yes I agree with Constitution. As Europeans we think they are crazy. Look at UK police, they don't use guns when they are patrolling the streets. Here in Portugal it is the same. It's a cultural and behaviour thing that needs generations to be modified. Because of the dimension of USA as in Brazil you will always have some crazy criminal "accidents".
    Last edited by pinhodecarlos; 12-17-12 at 05:49 AM.

Diamond Member

Diamond Member

I am so sad that innocent children (and persons) die everyday. Sometimes on a day of rage, sometimes on a misguided ideology (or so I think).

I never thought (or defend) that the reason was on my side, I only search in other human beings the arguments against or in favor of my thoughts.

We are on a new age made of science and logic and human beings are not together on the things that could make us great or better. Money is so important that justifies all those deaths and tomorrow it could me, it could be you.

Lives lost on a war we didn't want, we didn't fight, victims of another age so cruel that (some) men are trying to impose for profit and for greed.