Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you ready??

Gold Member

Re: Are you ready??

I know the challenge has already started but....
    My suggestion would be to reinstall some of the bits and bytes.

Use the Windows uninstaller to remove CCC. Then use Driver Sweeper to clean up after Windows. Reboot and install CCC 10.12 APP. Then reinstall BOINC and reboot again.
    I did that last night and only 1 out of 3 systems will crunch. Even tried it twice on the other 2 in case I somehow did it wrong.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I did that last night and only 1 out of 3 systems will crunch. Even tried it twice on the other 2 in case I somehow did it wrong.
    You could just NUKE those Bad systems. One Tactical Warhead should suffice.

The problem could be with Windows XP (Some of my friends refer to it as Windows with eXtra Problems) especially if you use the Home edition of XP.
    I do recall somethig on the PG forum about having to install the ATI SDK package and adding some environment variables to Windows. Try searching them for any updated info.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

I have seen references that a version of MS .NET Framework (3.5?) was needed for ATI GPU. The newest version of .NET I have on my ATI box is 2, but I do have both 32 & 64 bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package installed and my 4870 has been running fine with and without the app_info.

Dunno if that’s what the problem is on your end but installing the C++ libraries only takes a minute or two, worth a try if you already do not have them installed.

32 bit --> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob View Post
    I have seen references that a version of MS .NET Framework (3.5?) was needed for ATI GPU. The newest version of .NET I have on my ATI box is 2, but I do have both 32 & 64 bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package installed and my 4870 has been running fine with and without the app_info.

Dunno if that’s what the problem is on your end but installing the C++ libraries only takes a minute or two, worth a try if you already do not have them installed.

Me thinks DrBob is correct.
    I searched PG forum and found the SDK ref is for Linux. Sorry.

For future reference there is a utility called Belarc Advisor which will give you the lo-down on everything Windows related that is installed on your system. It is free and spyware/malware free.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

That was the ticket! 2 5830s, 1 4870, and 8 cores are now fully functional. Thx for your help guys.

Past Administrator

Ah, you are going to rise in the ranks fast now!

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob View Post

That was the ticket! 2 5830s, 1 4870, and 8 cores are now fully functional. Thx for your help guys.
    Great to hear installing the C++ libraries corrected the problem. I mentioned this to a couple others that couldn't get their ATIs to crunch but never heard back from them.
    Glad to see your boxen @100% for the Challenge!

CRUNCH ON!

Gold Member

Great to hear installing the C++ libraries corrected the problem. I mentioned this to a couple others that couldn't get their ATIs to crunch but never heard back from them.
    Glad to see your boxen @100% for the Challenge!
    Something I would have never thought of. Thx for the assist DrBob.

Past Admin

Great news Joker!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28´th December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12