Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team China Challenges Series (2013) [Invitation]

Xuyongchen

Team China Challenges Series (2013) [Invitation]

Team China Challenge Series (2013)

Team China has its own chalenges for around 2 years. From this year, we are glad to invite everybody to join our challenges!

Purpose:Encourage more people to crunch "unpopular" projects (Compared to DRT or donate@home) which have lower credits or longer tasks. Encourage our friends to crunch different kinds of projects. We have kept some popular projects in the schedule in order to attract more people. In the future, we will have more and more “unpopular” chanllenges. We crunch; We communicate; We have fun.

Schedule:
    2/24-2/27* * CAS@home (Chinese Lantern Festival)
    3/12-3/15* * Collatz Conjecture@home (Tree Planting Day)
    5/25-6/1* ** *Cosmology@home (Crazy May~)
    6/12-6/17* * Einstein@home (Chinese Dragon Boat Festival)
    7/10-7/14* * MilkyWay@home (Thank you! Team member “saiz”)
    8/13-8/18* * Enigma@home (Chinese Valentine's Day)
    9/10-9/15* * ABC@home (Chinese Teacher's Day)
    10/1-10/6* * QMC@home (Chinese National Day)
    11/11-11/22 WCG@home (Singles Day ^_^)
    12/5-12/10* *LHC@home (Internatioal Volunteer Day for Social and Economic Development)
    12/25-12/28**Subsetsum@home (Christmas)

Almost each of these time periods actually contains one international festival or festival in China. We will introduce these festivals before we start crunching.*

Bonusifferent from other forums, equn.com has its own credit system. Just like the credit system in BOINC, the more you crunch in challenges, the more credits you get in equn.com. These credits are for nothing, but for fun. We have a formula to calculate the credits you gain.*

Method: You do not need to change your team! Just tell us that you want to participate the challenge and crunch the correct projects in our forum ( You could find related post in English version. Post your user name in our forum, user name in BOINC and the name of your team and you are all set). Of course, you need to have an account in equn.com. Just check this thread http://www.equn.com/forum/thread-35460-1-1.html . It's easy~ If you have any problems or questions about registration or challenges in equn.com, just let me know.

Members in Team China are always glad to crunch with people from all of the world. Let's have fun~
    Last edited by Xuyongchen; 01-03-13 at 06:34 AM.

Diamond Member

Re: Team China Challenges Series (2013) [Invitation]

It seems just fine to me. I will join the forum and will join in the challenges also. Let us see how that works. I think a new system of challenges is very good, new alternatives are always nice. No choice in anything, lead to incompetence and challenges are no different.

The lack of competition is taking the BOINC challenge system down, the only reason it still exists is because teams and projects are competitive and need the challenges to improve the output of both.

I think that is a good opportunity to enter and support a new challenge system, so I am in.

I will join later today.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

GregK

I'm in also will join after work today.

Xuyongchen

Thank you Duke of Buckingham and GregK
    We have our own challenges for 2 years but never invited anyone outside Team China We will also learn something during this year's challenges and do better in the future

Robert7

Quote Originally Posted by Xuyongchen View Post
    You could find related post in English version. Post your user name in our forum, user name in BOINC and the name of your team and you are all set)
    Could you post direct link?

Diamond Member

http://www.equn.com/forum/thread-35460-1-1.html

I don't know what is the problem but didn't get back to the forum page maybe I am already there maybe I am not.

I need to get back to this later.
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 01-03-13 at 09:55 AM.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Xuyongchen

Quote Originally Posted by Robert7 View Post
    Could you post direct link?
    Well, this thread is just the invitation and introduction. Generally, around 1 month before the challenge, we will have our Chinese thread related to the challenge. We will make English version this year and post it here when it is available.

Robert7

I am already registered for many months, but where is the thread for this Challenges Series?

Edit:
    Thx, Xuyongchen. This is because I could not find it.
    Last edited by Robert7; 01-03-13 at 09:46 AM.

Xuyongchen

Quote Originally Posted by Robert7 View Post
    I am already registered for many months, but where is the thread for this Challenges Series?

Edit:
    Thx, Xuyongchen. This is because I could not find it.

Yes, you could not find it now We do not have any threads about them. But we will have these threads one by one and I will post them. So, you could choose the challenges that you like (you may not need to join all of them, since you may want to join some other challenges which have the same time of ours).

Xuyongchen

update 1/26

The challenge in Feb will be CAS@home challenge, but.....
    Although this is a Chinese project, I still need to say that it might not be a good time to invite members in other teams to join this challenge. To tell the truth, the management in CAS@home is not very good. Even in Team China, members continually complain about their lack of management or late news leasing. Therefore, we have no idea how to deal with the potential problems or questions during the CAS@home challenge. So, we would like to invite friends in Team SETI.USA to join our March challenge. New thread will be posted next month. Thank you for your reading!
    Also, since I have to focus on my study in university, I may not be able to be the Ambassador of Team China for quite a long time. I won't leave BOINC. I really enjoy it. I also enjoy the discussion with all of the friends here. I will try to find someone else to work with you. Wish our two teams could have good relationship forever.

Sincerely
    Xuyongchen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast