Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NativeBoinc for Android

Diamond Member

Re: NativeBoinc for Android

Just in case the other thread was missed, understand that this *may* damage the batteries permanently.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Just in case the other thread was missed, understand that this *may* damage the batteries permanently.
    May I ask how so? Heat? If it is heat, my phone is not really warm to the touch with MW and WUprop running.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    May I ask how so? Heat? If it is heat, my phone is not really warm to the touch with MW and WUprop running.
    http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php...mage-batteries
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Thanks. I will monitor the heat and the battery charge level, my phone is not one of the ones that have shown issues based on that topic. I have it set to only crunch when plugged into the charger. It has completed it's first WUprop and we will see what that does. Maybe if heat is an issue, I will not run PG or MW, just WUProp. Heck, it may not be much credit or the best platform, but still every credit counts in my eyes.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Thanks. I will monitor the heat and the battery charge level, my phone is not one of the ones that have shown issues based on that topic. I have it set to only crunch when plugged into the charger. It has completed it's first WUprop and we will see what that does. Maybe if heat is an issue, I will not run PG or MW, just WUProp. Heck, it may not be much credit or the best platform, but still every credit counts in my eyes.
    Just a reminder... WUProp won't give any credit unless it is running alongside another project as it purpose is to collect data about other projects...

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Just a reminder... WUProp won't give any credit unless it is running alongside another project as it purpose is to collect data about other projects...
    Thanks for the reminder. I successfully was awarded 7.00 credits!!!! http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/workunit.php?wuid=23715495

As for the charging level issue brought up in the other topic, I used my phone at the gym just now, and of course the battery dipped below 90/95% charge. So NativeBoinc disconnected and shut down, appearing to address that charge issue. Also, the moment the phone is disconnected from the charger, all tasks are suspended. At this rate, it will be late tomorrow afternoon before it is finished with it's first MW WU.

Platinum Member

Mini-update; with less then 2:00 left on the first MW WU, NativeBOINC decided to switch over to a PG WU. But in other news, it moves through WUProp WU's faster then any of my machines.

Platinum Member

Update:

Finally finished a MW WU: 18 Feb 2013 | 13:45:47 UTC 21 Feb 2013 | 14:26:37 UTC Completed and validated 114,139.26 105,661.50 320.63 MilkyWay@Home
    Anonymous platform (CPU)

So after 32 hours 320 credits. Currently on my first PG WU.

Platinum Member

Thumbs up Re: NativeBoinc for Android

Another minor update:

My old HTC Thunderbolt is doing ok, now being used solely for crunching. It does get warm, but it is pluged in round the clock and I will get a bag of frozen peas or ice pack under it to help with the heat a little.

Due to the age and issues with the Thunderbolt, along with being nearly 8 months overdue on an upgrade, I picked up a killer new HTC DNA. It is a quad core that seems to be doing really well so far.

Also, NativeBoinc just added Asteroids. So on my phones, I am running:

PG Riesel Problem (Sieve)
    Milkyway 1.00
    WUProp
    Asteroids 101

Past Administrator

That's just awesome. I can see it now . . . someday when we're only 50 credits out of 1st place in Challenge X...quick everyone, grab your phones to put us over the top!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast